Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] CustoMac Pro 2010 - GA-X58A-UD3R -Core i7-930 - ATI 5770 - OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is making me consider coming out of hiding! Seems like times have changed a lot and shame that the only way to install is via legacy mode and not via MultiBeast but then this is quite old hardware! Time to do some reading and research!

I now just need a rainy ☔ afternoon and to wipe and old HD.

For post-installation, instead of installing to the EFI partition with Legacy Boot Mode, Clover must be installed to the root of the system drive by using either Legacy Boot Mode - Root package from El Capitan Post-Install Tools.

What is the technical reason for this? I thought Clover could access the EFI partition even when booted from legacy MBR (sort of the point isn't it?).

Just looking for a way to maintain compatibility with UniBeast if at all possible.

EDIT: Today I performed a UniBeast Legacy install and then used MultiBeast to complete the installation. I am now booting off my SSD without issues. VERY happy about this :)

USB3 on GA-X58A-UD5 -Xeon w3520 - ATI 5770 - OS X 10.11

Hello,

Been looking for the USB3 fix on the Ga X58a UD boards, is the fix still missing? Mine don't work and I truly need them for editing videos, desperate for some help:cry: Thanks

My system:

GA-X58A-UD5
Xeon w3520
ATI 5770
OS X 10.11.1
smbios: Macpro 4.1

UPDATE: GOT THE USB3 WORKING WITH REHAB MAN'S 3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext for 10.11.2 Link http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/181059-3rd-party-usb-3-0-genericusbxhci-kext-working-10-11-2-a.html

Last edited:
Hello,

I followed your simplified Guide for EX58A-UD3 to letter (except I have Nvidia GPU, so I choose Legacy Nvidia for Unibeast creation) and installation went smoothly. Nec USB is disabled in BIOS.
After install, Multibeast with the same options as yours, then first restart from HDD and it restarts at approximately at boot line reaching half point.
When I choose Unibeast USB drive as boot device, then at boot screen choose newly installed HDD, it boots normally, LAN is working, but not Audio.
Clover Verbose boot indicated that restarts happened when all Hdd drives are mounted.
I don't have Clover experience, and I am sure that this could be something with it or config.plist options
I attached configuration files, so please advise how can I repair boot and sound problem.
Tried to replace config.plist from USB unibeast to Hdd, but the same, it restarts at the same point.
Tnx

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 238
  • config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 378
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 20.12.35.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 20.12.35.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 404
you got lucky
i'm on x58a-ud5 + i7 920 + nvidia 210 card + ssd intel 120G
after use unibeast to make usb boot os x
i enter to installation screen doing all right (formatted to HFS + GUID etc)
after it finished i can only enter with the USB to os x

:(

I got 10.11 running from the main guide (after formatting USB as MBR) -- but my system is not recognizing RAM properly.
Show only 12GB (3x4GB) whereas I have 4x4 installed. Also reporting "wired" ram as 16 TB.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

I got 10.11 running from the main guide (after formatting USB as MBR) -- but my system is not recognizing RAM properly.
Show only 12GB (3x4GB) whereas I have 4x4 installed. Also reporting "wired" ram as 16 TB.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Anyone? Bueller? Please?

Also can't get audio working!

I would really like to get my 16GB of RAM recognized (as it shows in BIOS boot sequence) and get my audio card recognized.

Should I try the new MultiBeast 8.2.2 that was released, instead of clover configurator?

I probably did an easy mistake. But couldn't figure out. As you said it loads clover. But Macos login screen doesn't show up.

I thought the audio issue was the hardest. But it was solved easily.

How do u fix the audio problem?
Please give some instructions..

I can't install the 889 audio using multibeast.
I get error each time I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back