Contribute
Register

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super but should we be able to do it just through the app store? Though that does not help if one ever need a clean install
Yes we should be able to update direct from the App Store, as I mentioned all kexts will need to be updated to the latest versions. And as always make a bootable back up just incase things go south. If you update directly from the App be sure to back it up first or make a USB installer (best option).

I'm trying to install Yosemite (10.11.6) on a GA-z77n-wifi, i5 3570K, HD 4000 and followed the guide closely.

When I booted again from the USB after running multibeast it did not automatically boot into my newly created partition, I still had to select "El Capitan" like the first time rebooting after install (before running multibeast). And there was no onboard audio.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I may have done wrong? I'm stuck at this stage, wanting to get audio working before I mount and copy the EFI partition to make it bootable.

Thank you.

When I booted again from the USB after running multibeast it did not automatically boot into my newly created partition, I still had to select "El Capitan" like the first time rebooting after install (before running multibeast). And there was no onboard audio.
Hi toothpix,
When you install with MultiBeast it installs a config.plist for you. At the time of writing this guide, there was no MultiBeast as it was being re-written to support OS X El Capitan. You can either replace the config.plist with the one attached in post#1 or change the default Boot Volume of the current MultiBeast installed config.plist to El Capitan. This will enable booting direct to the desktop.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I may have done wrong? I'm stuck at this stage, wanting to get audio working before I mount and copy the EFI partition to make it bootable.
For audio take a look at toleda's guide here Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]. Download audio_cloverALC-120.command from Post#1. Ensure to have your EFI partition mounted. Double click on the script and answer y/n questions.

I am Really Stumped on this one. I have 2 working Hackintoshes. I am trying to do this build so my father can try Mac OS. Using a Gigabyte GA-H77N with an i5 Sandybridge. NO Graphics Card. On the Bench Stripped. I cannot get it to boot into the installer. Funny thing is, I had this set up working a while back, but for the life of me I can't remember what I did. I have tried Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra. Tried every USB port, reset the CMOS, XHCI enabled, VT-D Disabled/enabled. I either get the prohibited sign or it just crashes. About to give up. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Gigabyte GA-H77N with an i5 Sandybridge
You realise that 7 series is Ivy bridge and 6 Series is Sandy bridge. What i5 processor are you using??
If it has HD2500 then you are out of luck.

You realise that 7 series is Ivy bridge and 6 Series is Sandy bridge. What i5 processor are you using??
If it has HD2500 then you are out of luck.

Hi Willow:
Core i5 2400 3.1 GHZ. I believe it has HD2000 graphics.
I swear I had it running something higher than Snow leopard at one time. If it isn't compatible, I will at least feel better having gotten as far as I did.

Lance

Hi Willow:
Core i5 2400 3.1 GHZ. I believe it has HD2000 graphics.
I swear I had it running something higher than Snow leopard at one time. If it isn't compatible, I will at least feel better having gotten as far as I did.

Lance
You could add a discreet graphics card or update your CPU to Ivy Bridge/HD4000. HD2000 isn't compatible.

Thanks Wildwillow. I put Snow Leopard on it with iBoot. It will be good enough for Dad to try Mac OS. If he likes it, I can always build a better system with Sierra. Right now, I just want him to try it out. I set it up with Win 10, Ubuntu, and Snow leopard.

Thanks Wildwillow. I put Snow Leopard on it with iBoot. It will be good enough for Dad to try Mac OS. If he likes it, I can always build a better system with Sierra. Right now, I just want him to try it out. I set it up with Win 10, Ubuntu, and Snow leopard.
Glad you got OS X running for him. If he is like me that tried OS X on PC before using it on a Mac then he should love it. I remember booting into OS X Snow Leopard on a G31M-ES2L/Core duo/Nvidia 8400GS(i still have this card) using iBoot and I was so overwhelmed when the welcome intro video played (no audio tho). Well worth the effort, you've made me want to install SL again for grins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back