Contribute
Register

GUIDE : CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this guide. I notice that each partition of your SSHD has its own EFI partition. How is this done????? Thank you!

Thank you for this guide. I notice that each partition of your SSHD has its own EFI partition. How is this done????? Thank you!

Hi Donxdogx, there is only one EFI partition on my SSHD. I have 3 drives connected to the system which Clover Configurator shows in the screen shot.
120GB SSD(disk0).
2TB SSHD(disk1).
USB installer 16GB USB(disk2).

All drives partitioned GUID so each disk has its own EFI partition not each partition. Hope this helps.

do your usb2 connections work on the board. As only my usb 3 ones do at the mo

waspsoton,

I've tested all the ports on the motherboard and case, they are all working. I even purchased a USB 3 device to test USB 3.0 speeds, never use these devices generally as I have sufficient network attached storage. Below in the attached screen shot note connections and highlighted speed for USB 3.0.

USB.png

Ok ok I might follow ur guide and see if it helps with the Ian. As my usb2 do not work at all

waspsoton,

I've tested all the ports on the motherboard and case, they are all working. I even purchased a USB 3 device to test USB 3.0 speeds, never use these devices generally as I have sufficient network attached storage. Below in the attached screen shot note connections and highlighted speed for USB 3.0.

View attachment 156818

PERFECT!

Thank you - I will try it... ;)

I have installed El Capitan for testing on an older extern 80 GB HD without any problems!
Thank you again wildwillow. :thumbup:

One more question, maybe you have an answer...
  • My old Yosemite Hackintosh model name was "MacPro3.1". Now with Clover it's a "Mac mini server". I tested system speed with Geekbench and the old system was faster (more than 1000 points). Are you sure "Mac mini server" is the best setting? - Maybe the Geekbench speed is slow because of my extern HD and USB2...?

I have installed El Capitan for testing on an older extern 80 GB HD without any problems!
Thank you again wildwillow. :thumbup:

One more question, maybe you have an answer...
  • My old Yosemite Hackintosh model name was "MacPro3.1". Now with Clover it's a "Mac mini server". I tested system speed with Geekbench and the old system was faster (more than 1000 points). Are you sure "Mac mini server" is the best setting? - Maybe the Geekbench speed is slow because of my extern HD and USB2...?

You're welcome. Clover choose your system definition as its the closest to your hardware.
You could try running G'Bench again with MacPro3,1. See if it makes a difference. Could be El Capitan vs Yosemite or yes using an external drive. As for MacMini6,2 system definition I've always had this since the moment Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU power management thread came out. The SSDT in my EFI folder is for the i3-3225 processor and shows speed step working on both CPU P-states and IGPU
P-states and performs well with the system definition/hardware matching.

You're welcome. Clover choose your system definition as its the closest to your hardware.
You could try running G'Bench again with MacPro3,1. See if it makes a difference. Could be El Capitan vs Yosemite or yes using an external drive. As for MacMini6,2 system definition I've always had this since the moment Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU power management thread came out. The SSDT in my EFI folder is for the i3-3225 processor and shows speed step working on both CPU P-states and IGPU
P-states and performs well with the system definition/hardware matching.

OK, maybe I should try to follow the thread "Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU power management". At the moment I have no SSDT. Could be good for my sleep/wake up problem (Monitor stays black after wake up, never found a solution for my motherboard).

Same system

I have no ssdt in my EFI. Why not, and do I need one?

Because you haven't installed one. No its not mandatory.

I have 0 USB3 ports working. iMac 14.2

Thanks
You're using a Haswell system definition on a IvyBridge system, I doubt this would help matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back