Contribute
Register

[Guide] CustoMac 2013 | Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770K | GT 640 x2 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for a well written, detailed guide. I am up and running perfectly. I had installed El Capitan according to the Installation Guide and the only problem I had was that upon reboot, it would not fully boot and start a reboot again. Sometimes it took three or four cycles before it fully booted. Using your guide, it now reboots the first time every time.

Questions: It seems there were 3 main post installation differences between your guide and the Installation Guide UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC:

1. Replacing the EFI folder: What was in - or not in - your folder vs the one created by Clover?

Clover gives you a ton of stuff you don't need, and then relies on you to add the stuff you do need. Silly huh? For example Clover installs a 32 bit bootloader, 32 and 64 bit BIOS booting drivers (see screenshots), a OEM folder that contains 2 other config.plists that only add to confusion and wont be used by 99.9% and some other random things you do not need.

2. Your guide did not call for the Customac Essentials that were part of the Installation guide. Why are they not needed?

CustoMac Essentials.pkg will install the following kexts to /Library/Extensions:
FakeSMC.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

They are not needed as they are already in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder (see screenshots)

3. The Installation Guide did not prescribe a custom Clover installation so I did a standard. What is the difference between what you prescribed for a custom installation vs the standard installation?

I directed a custom install because you need OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, which does not get included with the standard install. If you used my EFI folder, you have this now, so not to worry. I included this step so it was clear that OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi was needed if someone chose not to use my EFI folder.

The following are screenshots of what the standard Clover installation gives you (top), and the contents of the EFI folder I provide (bottom).

Standard Clover EFI folder.pngn3oN's EFI folder.png

Any thoughts appreciated as I am eager to learn!
Clover documentation is really nil. There is a Wiki if you don't think you are already confused enough. :lol: I have done a fair amount of research and read hours of old&new Clover threads and have tried to learn a lot about Clover, but there are things some Clover Dev's cant even explain - Im sure Slice would be the exception.
Hope this helps :thumbup: If this isn't clear enough or you would like more detail, just ask.

@n3oNLit3 Are you able to successfully change Smbios in your system. I tried few solution found online but no lack.

@n3oNLit3 Are you able to successfully change Smbios in your system. I tried few solution found online but no lack.

Yes, through CC and manual config.plist edits...

n3oNLit3 thank you for your guide ... it works perfect . Do you change settings to overclock your cpu in bios ? or leave the default ?

I have no OC, but yes OC is obtained through BIOS changes :thumbup:

I did manual config.plist edits with no effect what magic you did exactly? Cant find what I did now but it did not work anyway.

Maybe you can help me... I have the same mono, CPU and RAM, but have a HD6750 video card. Install was excellent, had no issues installing the software. I followed your guide to the letter, which gave me better luck than other guides I was reviewing. But, will all the guides, after a reboot, my system says that I don't have a bootable drive, and I have to always boot from the USB. I suspect that I am missing something since I am new to Clover, but I cannot figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you can help me... I have the same mono, CPU and RAM, but have a HD6750 video card. Install was excellent, had no issues installing the software. I followed your guide to the letter, which gave me better luck than other guides I was reviewing. But, will all the guides, after a reboot, my system says that I don't have a bootable drive, and I have to always boot from the USB. I suspect that I am missing something since I am new to Clover, but I cannot figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure that you are replacing the EFI folder on you system drive, with the one I provide? Zip and attach a copy of your EFI folder, from your EFI partition, to your reply post. I would suspect that you are not copying the EFI folder I provide to the system drive.. I would also check to be sure that you have the correct drive selected as the first boot option in your BIOS...

Are you sure that you are replacing the EFI folder on you system drive, with the one I provide? Zip and attach a copy of your EFI folder, from your EFI partition, to your reply post. I would suspect that you are not copying the EFI folder I provide to the system drive.. I would also check to be sure that you have the correct drive selected as the first boot option in your BIOS...

Here it is... I hope this is it, but have never had issues like this before. Let me know what you think. Thanks again for the reply.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 123
Here it is... I hope this is it, but have never had issues like this before. Let me know what you think. Thanks again for the reply.

Hmm :think:... That is the correct folder, and Im assuming you have it in the correct location. Did you check the BIOS to be sure you have the correct drive selected as your first boot option? Also, can you F12 and select the correct system drive? Does that take you to the Clover bootloader and allow you to boot without the USB drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back