Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
Moved in Catalina Laptop Guides
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-alldo-cube-mix-plus-catalina-10-15.290064/

-------------------------
HI, this is not properly a guide but I'm sharing with you the conf to make Mojave work on the Cube Mix Plus.

Specifications:
CPU m37y-30
4go ddr3l
m2 Sata foresee 128 go
intel micros secure card
alc283
intel 3165 dual channel a/c combo wifi/bt
usb-c
micro-usb
SVIO front and rear camera
FTSC1000 touchscreen
WCOM4002 pen
Dock keyboard usb, ps/2 touchpad
usb3 on dock
battery dual Intel SR 1 Real Battery

Working:
All except things aren't working

Not working:
Internal card reader(intel one, no hope)
wifi card(still intel stuff, no hope too but bluetooth works fine)
Dock trackpad
Cameras(i2c, no way)
Audio shortcut on the keyboard

Bugs:
Sometimes(50% of the times) the screen become black after boot, you need to wait some minutes that the tablet goes to sleep and then wake it tapping on the power button.
Every boot you have to press twice the "caps lock" to make the keyboard working properly.

Configuration and installation:
Boot bios and:
-enable CSM and set as "Boot Option Filter" "UEFI and Legacy"
-set in chipset - System Agent (SA) Configuration - Graphics Configuration - DVMT Pre-Allocated as 64M.
-no need to disable vt-d , clover disables it with "dart=0"

-I advise also to enable Thunderbolt (TM) Support to enable the type-c port.
-I advise also (if you have the "chinese" version of the tablet) to do BIOS -> Boot -> Quick boot -> Disable and get rid of the Chinese logo. Thanks to @asusceleron

Now let's install osx.
Use Rehab's guide to make a bootable installer of Mojave(Use APTIOMEMORYFIX)

Boot in system and, after you installed Clover as Rehab's Guide, mount efi and go to clover folder(/EFI/EFI/CLOVER).

To mount efi:
Open terminal and type:
Code:
sudo -s
#type your password and press enter

diskutil mount EFI

Replace the config.plist with the one on my zip, then copy the file SSDT-MixPlus.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
After that copy the kext in "install kext" on desktop and install them in /L/E/ with kextbeast.
Open the terminal and type:
Code:
sudo -s
#type your password and enter

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -r AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
rm -r AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext
rm -r AppleHPM.kext

kextcache -i /

Modify your config.plist smbios (I sent you one config.plist with a void smbios. Use MacBook10,1).
If you have some graphics trouble try to inject a custom EDID.

Reboot and enjoy your installation.

Please, for every support request use gen_debug and describe your problem.

NOTE:
AppleALC in "install kexts" is a modified version of it to enable the mic, If you replace (or update) your AppleALC kext with the original version you'll lose the mic.
A big thanks to @zhangguangcai that fixed a lot of things (including audio) up to High Sierra.

If you come from a stock Cube(or AlldoCube) Mix Plus you probably have a 100 mb efi partition. I suggest you to upgrade this size to 260 using windows and MiniPartitionTool(if you want help just ask)

Attachments

• install kexts.zip
    640.2 KB · Views: 290
  • config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 361
  • SSDT-MixPlus.aml
    5.2 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
HI, this is not properly a guide but I'm sharing with you the conf to make Mojave work on the Cube Mix Plus.

Specifications:
CPU m37y-30
4go ddr3l
m2 Sata foresee 128 go
intel micros secure card
alc283
intel 3165 dual channel a/c combo wifi/bt
usb-c
micro-usb
SVIO front and rear camera
FTSC1000 touchscreen
WCOM4002 pen
Dock keyboard usb, ps/2 touchpad
usb3 on dock
battery dual Intel SR 1 Real Battery

Working:
All except things aren't working

Not working:
Internal card reader(intel one, no hope)
wifi card(still intel stuff, no hope too but bluetooth works fine)
Dock trackpad
Cameras(i2c, no way)
Audio shortcut on the keyboard

Bugs:
Sometimes(50% of the times) the screen become black after boot, you need to wait some minutes that the tablet goes to sleep and then wake it tapping on the power button.

Configuration and installation:
Boot bios and:
-enable CSM and set as "Boot Option Filter" "UEFI and Legacy"
-set in chipset - System Agent (SA) Configuration - Graphics Configuration - DVMT Pre-Allocated as 64M.
-no need to disable vt-d , clover disables it with "dart=0"
-I advise also to enable Thunderbolt (TM) Support to enable the type-c port.

Now let's install osx.
Use Rehab's guide to make a bootable installer of Mojave(Use APTIOMEMORYFIX)

Boot in system and, after you installed Clover as Rehab's Guide, mount efi and go to clover folder(/EFI/EFI/CLOVER).

To mount efi:
Open terminal and type "sudo -s", type your password and enter, then type "diskutil mount EFI".

Replace the config.plist with the one on my zip, then copy the file SSDT-0.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
After that copy the kext in "install kext" on desktop and install them in /L/E/ with kextbeast.
Open the terminal and type "sudo kextcache -i /" (write your password and press enter)

Modify your config.plist smbios (I sent you one config.plist with a void smbios).
If you have some graphics trouble try to inject a custom EDID.

Enjoy your installation.

Please, for every support request use gen_debug and describe your problem.

NOTE:
AppleALC in "install kexts" is a modified version of it to enable the mic, If you replace (or update) your AppleALC kext with the original version you'll lose the mic.
A big thanks to @zhangguangcai that fixed a lot of things (including audio) up to High Sierra.

SSDT-0 should be named something else. Typically, would be SSDT-HACK.aml to differentiate from patched files that might have come from ACPI/origin.

SSDT-0 should be named something else. Typically, would be SSDT-HACK.aml to differentiate from patched files that might have come from ACPI/origin.
Thanks, renamed to SSDT-MixPlus to call back the tablet directly.

Thank you for your interest in hacking cube mix plus. I want to add a cosmetic tweak to disable chinese logo during boot. Go to BIOS -> Boot -> Quick boot -> Disable
Don't know this patch because I have the "AlldoCube" version with the latin version of the logo, however I added your solution in the post. Thanks.
Can I contact you in private?
edit--
Uhm, it seems I can't.

Last edited:
Is there a way to access the bios without the keyboard mix plus docking keyboard? I'm having a hard time finding one. Every place I look is out of stock. I just recieved the Allocube version of the Cube Mix Plus. The one has the Allocube boot logo rather than the Chinese logo.

I've tried holding down delete using logitech wireless key with the usb dongle. No luck

I've tried holding down the volume up and down buttons (both individually and together) then pressing and holding the power button while continuing to hold the volume buttons. (that was suggested on the Allocube website to enter recovery mode.)

I also tried holding down the windows button and power button during boot but nothing works. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I was able to get into the bios with another keyboard. Unfortunately I wound up bricking it after a bios change. The led that lights up indicating boot up and charging no longer comes on a all. I tried pressing the hard reset button by the power button with a paper clip to no avail. So I'm going to return it.

@AldoTar

I have the teclast x5 pro. the hardware is very similar. could you tell me the bios configuration for the touch screen.
I need to know what controls the i2c in the bios. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back