Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi all,

I've been working through this guide the last day or so to get my USB working properly on my desktop (Z97a in my bio). I think I have reached a point where I have a basic understanding of what is going on, but I have reached a snag.

I have tried the guide using both FakePCIID_XHCIMux and without it. When using it, it does reroute my USB2 to EH01, but it does not route my internal USB2 headers anywhere, so my bluetooth does not work. I have the list of ports from port discovery here:

(xhcimux) EH01-HUB01 - PR11
HS12 - bluetooth (usb2 internal)
HS13 - usb2 top right
HS14 - usb2 top left
HS10/SS06 - usb3 mid left
HS09/SS05 - usb3 mid right
HS04/SS04 - usb3 bottom left
HS03/SS03 - usb3 bottom right
HS05 - usb2 internal
HS06 - usb2 internal
HS07 - usb2 internal
HS08 - usb2 internal
HS01/SS01 - usb3 frontpanel
HS02/SS02 - usb3 frontpanel

It seems like using XHCIMux to reroute my USB2 to EH01 seems like the best bet to stay under the port limit, but I can't figure out where the internal header ports went and how to fix that. If I could reroute some to EH01 and then keep the internal headers on XHC, I think that would work best from my understanding.

I have attached my debug files (this is without FakePCIID_XHCIMux).

Attachments

• debug_16898.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I updated to 10.14.4 after backing up, and the usb 3.0 doesn't work again. From what I read, if the SSDT was successful that should not be the case. Can someone please double check my work

Attachments

• debug_23847.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 91
I updated to 10.14.4 after backing up, and the usb 3.0 doesn't work again. From what I read, if the SSDT was successful that should not be the case. Can someone please double check my work
in clover/kexts/other you have a usbports kext and also using SSDT-UIAC in patched folder

you need to pick one

also you have a dsl file in patched folder, that should be saved as an .aml via macIASL

in clover/kexts/other you have a usbports kext and also using SSDT-UIAC in patched folder

you need to pick one

also you have a dsl file in patched folder, that should be saved as an .aml via macIASL

Thanks for your time Feartech. Otherwise everything is looking good right?

I tried USB port patching with USBports.kext that I created with Hackintool, where I identified my active ports and eliminated the rest. I was able to reduce the number of ports to four but all drives still failed to mount volumes. I got rid of the kext and tried running the SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml files created with Hackintool in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched with no luck. I can't really afford to put any more time into this. After eight years of running a custom mac I have to bow out. For me the effort is exceeding the benefit. I need to do things with my mac not work on it all the time. I will monitor the hackintosh scene to see if any developments warrant my returning.

Thanks for your time Feartech. Otherwise everything is looking good right?
to be honest i didn't check much else, although you may want to have a read:

Thank you so much for putting all this information together. Worked absolutely perfectly. You are a legend.

Hi,

I was not able to add my build signature so I have included my build below.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero (Z97)
Processor: Intel i7-4790K
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics.

I have followed every line in the tutorial and re-checked each port manually but for some reasons, the custom SSDT file won't load.

I have the following Kext installed.

I have also attached the SSDT file that I created using your template file.

Here is the report from IORegistryExplorer after installing the custom SSDT file.

I would be very thankful if someone can help me figure out the issue. I have been trying to fix this for weeks.

Thanks

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Template.dsl
    4.6 KB · Views: 81
thank you very much for the detailed writeup, RehabMan. after a bit of a struggle, I have found success with all except one of my front ports, which only works with usb3. for some reason I couldn't get it to work with usb2, even when I disabled all of the SS ports to stay under the limit during my identification process. it's no big deal, I'm happy enough with my 6 usb3 ports, 2 usb2 ports, and 2 usb3.1 ports.

the only question I have is this. is usb3.1 supported natively in macOS (Mojave)? they are working fine, just curious.

I have followed every line in the tutorial and re-checked each port manually but for some reasons, the custom SSDT file won't load.

Hi Subbame. Did you have any success? I am facing the same issue where it appears that my SSDT file is not being read.

For reference, I have uploaded my files here, in this thread.

Back