Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

a bit cheeky but I'm in a good mood, here ya go

see the difference in yours and mine, editing a config.plist is a key element in hackintoshing and you should learn this :)
I was trying to put it in the wrong place, at the top under DSDT, I now see where it goes, thank you so much

a bit cheeky but I'm in a good mood, here ya go

see the difference in yours and mine, editing a config.plist is a key element in hackintoshing and you should learn this :)
So, now with config.plist from @Feartech I see 20 ports under XHC in IOReg Explorer rather than 15 previously (this is what the patch is doing right?)

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 21.00.59.png

I think next I need to do port discovery by plugging in and removing a USB device to see what shows up in IOReg Explorer? Again, I am getting confused. When I did this exercise back on El Capitan some long time ago, I got help from rehabman, I recall then that the devices were showing up on XHC when I plugged them in, now showing under EH01 on the first USB device I plugged in. Sorry but this is really stretching me, but I can follow instruction usually!

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 21.05.11.png

So, now with config.plist from @Feartech I see 20 ports under XHC in IOReg Explorer rather than 15 previously (this is what the patch is doing right?)

View attachment 395041

I think next I need to do port discovery by plugging in and removing a USB device to see what shows up in IOReg Explorer? Again, I am getting confused. When I did this exercise back on El Capitan some long time ago, I got help from rehabman, I recall then that the devices were showing up on XHC when I plugged them in, now showing under EH01 on the first USB device I plugged in. Sorry but this is really stretching me, but I can follow instruction usually!

View attachment 395043
you could also use the hackintool as well:
Hackintool:
it may be a little easier to go though, you refresh the page, plug usb2 and usb3 devices in and then delete the ones you don't need, it will then export a kext or a ssdt file you can use

you could also use the hackintool as well:
Hackintool:
it may be a little easier to go though, you refresh the page, plug usb2 and usb3 devices in and then delete the ones you don't need, it will then export a kext or a ssdt file you can use
OK, I used Hackintool and this is what I found testing the ports:

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 22.42.35.png

I then deleted ports not needed, leaving 16 active ports, like this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 11.44.13.png

I know I need to get to 15 ports, but I want to check before proceeding, questions:

1. SS01 is the internal header that leads to the front USB3 port on my case, should I set this as internal as above, or as USB3?
2. HP17 also leads to the front USB2 port on my case, should that be set as internal or USB2?
3. The "IOUSBHostDevice"at PR11 and 12 - I don't know what these mean, are they part of my 15 port limit?

Once I have got the above correct, I can export within the tool and I see it gives me SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-EC.aml which I assume go in ACPI/Patched and also assume can remove the port limit patch

The kext USBPorts.kext is also generated. More confusion, do I still need USBInjectall, or do I use this instead and do I use with the SSDT's or the USBPorts.kext on its own

Sorry so many questions

Last edited:
Hi @Feartech - sorry for double post, but I've done some more reading and work since my last post. Can you tell me if what I have done is correct? I'd really appreciate it.

1. I mapped the ports with Hackintool and deleted those not used to leave 15 ports. I did this with the Port Limit Patch installed, USBInjectall.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext all installed in library/extensions for the mapping. This left me with this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 09.46.40.png

2. I clicked the Export button, bottom right, which placed USBPorts.kext, SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-EC.aml on my desktop
3. I removed USBInjectall.kext from l/e and installed USBPorts.kext to l/e
4. Placed both SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and put the following in Clover Configurator:

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 09.51.43.png

5. Removed the port limit patch from config.plist
6. Reboot

I've attached the usual problem reporting files. I know you're a busy guy but so grateful if you can tell me if this is correct. I'm still learning and dont have the deeper understanding to know if I've done right.....

Attachments

• debug_7191.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
Hi @Feartech - sorry for double post, but I've done some more reading and work since my last post. Can you tell me if what I have done is correct? I'd really appreciate it.

1. I mapped the ports with Hackintool and deleted those not used to leave 15 ports. I did this with the Port Limit Patch installed, USBInjectall.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext all installed in library/extensions for the mapping. This left me with this:

View attachment 395638

2. I clicked the Export button, bottom right, which placed USBPorts.kext, SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-EC.aml on my desktop
3. I removed USBInjectall.kext from l/e and installed USBPorts.kext to l/e
4. Placed both SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and put the following in Clover Configurator:

View attachment 395639

5. Removed the port limit patch from config.plist
6. Reboot

I've attached the usual problem reporting files. I know you're a busy guy but so grateful if you can tell me if this is correct. I'm still learning and dont have the deeper understanding to know if I've done right.....
you can just use either the kext is creates and install to /Library/Extensions

or

use USbInjectAll.kext and place .amls in patched/other

you can just use either the kext is creates and install to /Library/Extensions

or

use USbInjectAll.kext and place .amls in patched/other
Thank you :thumbup:

What i found wrong so far:
- into config.plist > ACPI > DSDT > Patches :
1. Rename EHC1 to EH01 patch is present 3 times, why ? so is Rename EHC2 to EH02.
Your Motherboard doesn't have USB2.0 Ports/Controllers therefore no EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 patches needed.
Remove them.

2. You have FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext installed which same concept to issue #1 apply, no EHCI controllers on your motherboard so this kext is not needed and just causes issues.

3. You need the patch: Change HECI to IMEI for your motherboard, very important patch.

4. You need the patch: Change SAT0 to SATA

5. You have the correct patch for Windows Emulation: Change _OSI to XOSI but you lack the SSDT-XOSI.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched therefore no Windows Emulation applied to your ACPI.

6. Remove boot arguments uia_exclude_ss , uia_exclude=USR1, USR2, what is the purpose of your SSDT-UIAC if you have those ?.

I would definitely suggest you to do the changes i listed, remove the SSDT-UIAC from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Add the USB Port limit patch and reboot

You need to capture usb ports correctly one more time. It doesn't take much time to be honest.

Simply open IOREG and keep it open the entire time.
Step 1:
Take a USB2 device (USB Mouse or something USB2) and plug it on each usb port that your motherboard have by keeping it plugged in 5 sec then removing and plugging it into the other port (until you have plugged it once on each usb port).

After you have finished this step, take a USB3 device (USB3.0 Flash Drive or USB3.0 External Drive) and plug it again on each port like on Step 1.

After you completed the process, save the ioreg file and upload it here (name it USB) and upload it with the problem reporting files as a separate ioreg named as USB.

Note: after you are about to upload your next "Problem Reporting" files, first on clover Boot menu, press F2 and F4, then after you boot, upload your Problem Reporting files as your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin was empty last time (no OEM ACPI files included).

I followed your instructions, worked perfectly, I updated to 10.14.4 after backing up, and the usb 3.0 doesn't work again.
From what I read, if the SSDT was successful that should not be the case, right?

Hi RehabMan,

Would be great if you can help with my implementation of the custom ssdt.
My MB has a very convoluted design(Asrock z97x). It has two hubs, Intel XHC and ASMedia USB3.
I disabled the ASMedia USB3 controller in the BIOS, however ASrock BIOS can't disable the EHCI.
I have the EHCI rename and initially I used FakePCIID and the XHCI Mux, but I decided to remove the XHCIMux expecting all ports to go through XHC.
It worked for all but one port (Fatal1ty Mouse port :rolleyes:), which is only USB2 and apparently wired to the HUB1.
In the examples for the Lenovo, you have code disabling EHCI1. My plan is to disable EHCI2, remove all but one port on the EHCI1 and clean the ports on XHC, which will bring me in the 15 port limit.
Is this a good plan or I should use the XHCI Mux and work from there?
Do you have a code disabling EHCI2?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cuiper_ioReg.ioreg
    15.4 MB · Views: 80
For example, you can see that the NUC6i7KYK uses 0xa12f:
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 2.30.25 PM.png
How did you convert the id in <> to the 0xa12f?
Edit: Got it with a little Join the Dots sequence!
Thank you so much for the amazing guide RehabMan!!
PS: What are the USR ports, and can I disable them is they didn't change colour during the identification?
TIA

Last edited:
Back