Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

This fixed up my sleep/instant wake issue, initially tried without adjusting the internal port assignments, but those are VERY important apparently.
Thanks

Read post #1 regarding usage of -uia_exclude_hs kernel flag.
And in the future, use gen_debug.sh to get PR files (your ioreg is invalid).

When I try to temporarily use the kernal flags during OS boot, it freezes at the clover page. So I entered it permanently through Clover configurator Boot section.

I needed to clear something up. Am I supposed to be seeing USB3 devices in IOReg when I insert them into the PC? Or is everything supposed to be USB2 until I complete the SSDT customization?

I kept going forward until you had responded, and I removed the unused ports and got to the XHC section and fell at a halt again. Where do I find the XHC controller name? Or in other words, how do I know which name is the XHC controller?

When I try to temporarily use the kernal flags during OS boot, it freezes at the clover page. So I entered it permanently through Clover configurator Boot section.

I needed to clear something up. Am I supposed to be seeing USB3 devices in IOReg when I insert them into the PC? Or is everything supposed to be USB2 until I complete the SSDT customization?

I kept going forward until you had responded, and I removed the unused ports and got to the XHC section and fell at a halt again. Where do I find the XHC controller name? Or in other words, how do I know which name is the XHC controller?
Maybe you still have stuff to fix on the "[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions" that you didn't complete before reaching this part.

Attach "Problem Reporting" files so i can have a look.

You didn't attach all the requested "Problem Reporting" files.

Read the FAQ on what to include or use the script so you don't miss any of them:
Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?

It is impossible to diagnose a problem without data that shows how your system is configured.

Also, impossible to analyze any data that you might provide without a clear understanding of your hardware. So make sure your profile is filled as per the first question in this FAQ, "Q. Where do I start?".

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
  • Boot verbose, attach photo
  • Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.
Note: Some laptops swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those laptops, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

If you can boot, but are having some other problem, describe the problem clearly and provide data...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g
system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some laptops swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those laptops, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

For 10.11 and later, attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Older versions:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Q. Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically?

Yes! (almost)

User @black.dragon74 has created a script (gen_debug.sh) that automates most of the "Problem Reporting" tasks (as described in the previous question).

The part it cannot do is pressing F2 and F4 for you at the main Clover screen.
And of course, it only works for the case you can boot into your system. If you have a problem booting, you must obtain and collect the verbose boot photo manually (and EFI/Clover).

Full details are here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

You didn't attach all the requested "Problem Reporting" files.

Read the FAQ on what to include or use the script so you don't miss any of them:

The "RehabMan" Folder was empty

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 147
The "RehabMan" Folder was empty
You didn't attach full set of files, read carefully! all the quoted thread and attach all files as requested, i can't identify the problem without being able to look where the problem is, without files i can't help you solve the problem.

You didn't attach full set of files, read carefully! all the quoted thread and attach all files as requested, i can't identify the problem without being able to look where the problem is, without files i can't help you solve the problem.
Hi Sniki, please forgive me. I hadn't taken my prescribed CBD oil in a while and without it I can't focus or read well.
I followed the steps, and it was very well written. Attached are the files.

I think a video of how to set up SSDT would be much beneficial to the community. Not everyone can sit down and focus long enough to read your guys' amazing work

Attachments

• Yabusa.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 165
Hi Sniki, please forgive me. I hadn't taken my prescribed CBD oil in a while and without it I can't focus or read well.
I followed the steps, and it was very well written. Attached are the files.

I think a video of how to set up SSDT would be much beneficial to the community. Not everyone can sit down and focus long enough to read your guys' amazing work
What i found wrong so far:
- into config.plist > ACPI > DSDT > Patches :
1. Rename EHC1 to EH01 patch is present 3 times, why ? so is Rename EHC2 to EH02.
Your Motherboard doesn't have USB2.0 Ports/Controllers therefore no EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 patches needed.
Remove them.

2. You have FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext installed which same concept to issue #1 apply, no EHCI controllers on your motherboard so this kext is not needed and just causes issues.

3. You need the patch: Change HECI to IMEI for your motherboard, very important patch.

4. You need the patch: Change SAT0 to SATA

5. You have the correct patch for Windows Emulation: Change _OSI to XOSI but you lack the SSDT-XOSI.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched therefore no Windows Emulation applied to your ACPI.

6. Remove boot arguments uia_exclude_ss , uia_exclude=USR1, USR2, what is the purpose of your SSDT-UIAC if you have those ?.

I would definitely suggest you to do the changes i listed, remove the SSDT-UIAC from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Add the USB Port limit patch and reboot

You need to capture usb ports correctly one more time. It doesn't take much time to be honest.

Simply open IOREG and keep it open the entire time.
Step 1:
Take a USB2 device (USB Mouse or something USB2) and plug it on each usb port that your motherboard have by keeping it plugged in 5 sec then removing and plugging it into the other port (until you have plugged it once on each usb port).

After you have finished this step, take a USB3 device (USB3.0 Flash Drive or USB3.0 External Drive) and plug it again on each port like on Step 1.

After you completed the process, save the ioreg file and upload it here (name it USB) and upload it with the problem reporting files as a separate ioreg named as USB.

Note: after you are about to upload your next "Problem Reporting" files, first on clover Boot menu, press F2 and F4, then after you boot, upload your Problem Reporting files as your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin was empty last time (no OEM ACPI files included).

@LeleTuratti i was wondering if you could share your dsdt and ssdt/usb files from your gaming 3 motherboard. That would save me allot of hassle :) i hope you can help me!

Back