Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

after hours and hours, i could create the right ssdt-uiac for my H370 HD3 motherboard. all ports a working like they should do. only a little thing is happen ! the red usb-c port dont work after restart. i have to reconnect than it is working well. anybody has an idea ??? ssdt attached

Are you referring to a USB-C port connected to the Thunderbolt controller?
If so, off-topic. This topic is only for xHCI connected ports, not TB.

When use USBInjectAll.kext and boot flag to exclude HSxx,SS03 works but SS02 don't work.When use
custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext all port works well. USBInjectAll may has some problem?

You failed to attach any problem reporting files.
Read post #1 for details.

I'm on 10.14.3 and am trying to create a custom SSDT.
I'm still in the port discovery section. I use IOReg Explorer but when I insert a USB3.0, it is not detected.
I tried looking online, and people posted patches, I tried all them and nothing is still working.
I've attached my config.plist file.
Any help is appreciated

This guide does not use the port limit patch.
Please refer to post #1.

It seems everything is working fine after my build. However, I am seeing lots of this:

"AppleUSBInterface: family specific matching fails"

in my kernel.log. Debug files attached.
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

I've been trying to create the SSDT but it's a limited success... I can only get 2 of my 4 back ports to work, and just 1 of the 2 front ports.

Plus Disk Utility app completely freezes most of the time.

I've attached all the files for debug. My motherboard is a MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon.

I've been trying for a few days, and even since 10.14.2 without succeeding... I'm desperate... Thanks a lot in advance !

Attachments

• debug_5136.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I've been trying to create the SSDT but it's a limited success... I can only get 2 of my 4 back ports to work, and just 1 of the 2 front ports.

Plus Disk Utility app completely freezes most of the time.

I've attached all the files for debug. My motherboard is a MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon.

I've been trying for a few days, and even since 10.14.2 without succeeding... I'm desperate... Thanks a lot in advance !

Start over with port discovery.

Thank you for your great guide! I made a custom SSDT and removed the port limit patch, so now only the ports I selected show up correctly in IOreg.
However, on my board (z170x-ud3) there is also a red USB 3.1 (and a USB type C which I can't test). The red USB 3.1 shows up in IOreg under RP01@1C. I didn't include it the SSDT but it still shows up. It seems to work ok but I doubt it is properly configured... Should I do anything about it?
IOreg attached as reference.
Add it to your SSDT with UsbConnector set to 9. Mine works great. He mentioned it may be 10 depending on the mobo.

@RehabMan I followed your instructions to a the letter and my DW1560 works perfectly, continuity and all.

My question is how can I check my bios to know if I need these patches?

Thanks!

@RehabMan

I am just starting to work on the SSDT so appreciate clearing up this query.

As I understand it, this solution avoids increasing the port limit which creates problems with each update.

But every motherboard nowadays has more than 15. For example very popular z370 Gaming 5.

Including internal front port headers and bluetooth module.

6 usb 2.0 [4 rear 2 front]
6 usb 3.1 [2 rear 4 internal headers] (each counts as two, so 12 ports)
1 usb-c

That's 19 already. So even if we create custom DDST it exceeds 15 ports and won't work?

@RehabMan

I am just starting to work on the SSDT so appreciate clearing up this query.

As I understand it, this solution avoids increasing the port limit which creates problems with each update.

But every motherboard nowadays has more than 15. For example very popular z370 Gaming 5.

Including internal front port headers and bluetooth module.

6 usb 2.0 [4 rear 2 front]
6 usb 3.1 [2 rear 4 internal headers] (each counts as two, so 12 ports)
1 usb-c

That's 19 already. So even if we create custom DDST it exceeds 15 ports and won't work?
you have to sacrifice some ports so you are under the 15 port limit

Back