Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

You failed to attach any PR files. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
You're totally right, sorry about that!
You can find the problem reporting file attached:

Attachments

• debug_23541.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Attachments

• ProblemReportingFiles.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
It seems you did not plug any USB3 devices. SSxx are only used with USB3 compatible devices. USB2 devices will use HSxx only.

I plugged in a USB3 to ethernet adapter, and like I said earlier, it only shows up if it's plugged into that port when I boot into the computer.

You're totally right, sorry about that!
You can find the problem reporting file attached:
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Is there something obviously different I should be looking for in ioreg that indicates whether or not it would be an internal hub? I'm using a Fractal Meshify C case. The two front ports are mapped as HS03/SS03 and HS04/SS04.
Here are the PR files, as requested.

The ioreg shows nothing attached to HS03/SS03, HS04/SS04, so we can safely assume there is no internal hub attached to these ports.

I plugged in a USB3 to ethernet adapter, and like I said earlier, it only shows up if it's plugged into that port when I boot into the computer.

You will need to provide PR files for the two scenarios:
- plugged in prior to boot
- plugged in after boot

Your SSDT-UIAC.aml is coded incorrectly.
As per post #1 DO NOT CHANGE the port addresses.
The port addresses in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl are correct... any change to them will only break things.

If you read post #1 carefully, you will see no mention of changing the port addresses, and you will note there is a very specific note regarding not changing them.

At first I didn't know what you mean by port address. (Later I figured out it was first number in ports curly brackets), now is everything working correctly, thank you.

No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Sorry!

Here is again, included with the ioreg!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• debug_23541.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 61
Hey,
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to RehabMan and all the others who have contributed to this thread. Following the instructions, I was able to get all of my USB 2 & 3.0 ports working. I don't know that the 3.1 A or C ports are working, since I don't really have a way to test them and I'm not using them any way, so no worries.

Again, just wanted to say thanks for tirelessly answering questions (often more than once!). I'd buy you all a beer if I could!

:thumbup:

Hey,
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to RehabMan and all the others who have contributed to this thread. Following the instructions, I was able to get all of my USB 2 & 3.0 ports working. I don't know that the 3.1 A or C ports are working, since I don't really have a way to test them and I'm not using them any way, so no worries.

Again, just wanted to say thanks for tirelessly answering questions (often more than once!). I'd buy you all a beer if I could!

:thumbup:
Hear, hear! Same exact boat and sentiment. Rehabman rules. Beers on the house.

Back