Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

No worries. Just trying to keep this thread focused on the procedures as described in post #1.
I am sure this is covered but... If there are only two USB2 ports (HS13 + HS14), is there a reason to have USB3 ports set as HSxx (HS03-HS08) in the SSDT? I hope I am asking the question clearly. Can the ports designated as HS03-HS08 be deleted from the SSDT?

Please note that I had to go back to port limit patch. There were too many problems that were happening since creating and installing the USB SSDT, the last problem was that the USB 3 ports were reading at 2-3mbs and were not ejecting. Clearly I have done something wrong. I am just too illiterate to understand why.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 63
  • debug_8946.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I am sure this is covered but... If there are only two USB2 ports (HS13 + HS14), is there a reason to have USB3 ports set as HSxx (HS03-HS08) in the SSDT?

You will need the HSxx associated with your USB3 ports for the case you plug a USB2 device into one of those ports. If you delete the HSxx ports associated with USB3 ports, USB2 devices plugged into those ports will not work. You should have 1x HSxx port marked UsbConnector=3 for each SSxx port that is marked UsbConnector=3.

You will need the HSxx associated with your USB3 ports for the case you plug a USB2 device into one of those ports. If you delete the HSxx ports associated with USB3 ports, USB2 devices plugged into those ports will not work. You should have 1x HSxx port marked UsbConnector=3 for each SSxx port that is marked UsbConnector=3.
Do you see any problems with what I have uploaded?

Obvious problem:
You forgot to put SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched.
Did not forget. I removed it due to the cascading problems all of which began when I installed the SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched. At first all was smooth, then sleep problems, then read/write speeds plummeted, then USB 3 devices would either not install on the desktop or if they did then they could not be ejected at which point I removed the SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched and reinstalled port limit patch for 10.14.1. Sleep is back to normal, USB 3 devices appear to work normally so I am not sure what the problem was with the SSDT-UIAC.aml I created. Plus, IOReg is not showing SS ports at all, where they were before the SSDT was installed. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Did not forget. I removed it due to the cascading problems all of which began when I installed the SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched. At first all was smooth, then sleep problems, then read/write speeds plummeted, then USB 3 devices would either not install on the desktop or if they did then they could not be ejected at which point I removed the SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched and reinstalled port limit patch for 10.14.1. Sleep is back to normal, USB 3 devices appear to work normally so I am not sure what the problem was with the SSDT-UIAC.aml I created. Plus, IOReg is not showing SS ports at all, where they were before the SSDT was installed. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario. No exceptions.

Please help. I got to this step:

Next, we boot with -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS03 to test SSxx and USRx ports.

I then re-booted and now none of my USB ports are working so I can't use mouse or keyboard to login. Prior to going through the testing process, USB2 was working but my USB3 ports were working erratically (slow, some not working at all).

I have USB ports at the following
HS01 - HS12

I can remove the boot args listed above at the clover login screen, but then I'm back to problems with my USB3 ports.

Thank you

Last edited:
Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario. No exceptions.
I have placed the SSDT back in ACPI/patched. Attached is the zipped dumped problem reporting files.
Thank you for your (continuing) help.

Attachments

• debug_31146.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Hi RehabMan,
I created a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, now all my ports usb3 working very well. but all ports usb2 not working. Is it normal? Thanks!
Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 19.16.54.png

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml.zip
    965 bytes · Views: 69
Back