Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

That no matter what where I type it, I don’t get those ports (HS01,HS02) so the entire exercise stops at the Mojave login screen

As mentioned in post #2555, It is because you're not using the correct version of USBInjectAll.kext.

The correct version of USBInjectAll.kext is linked by post #1.
Must read post #1 carefully.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Richard’s iMac 1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Here's one with a USB3 flash drive

It appears to be connecting at USB3 (SS07).
But keep in mind USB flash drives are quite slow.

If you're trying to test USB3 speeds, use a fast device such as a USB3 SSD.

It appears to be connecting at USB3 (SS07).
But keep in mind USB flash drives are quite slow.

If you're trying to test USB3 speeds, use a fast device such as a USB3 SSD.

Top image is an 250gb 850 EVO SSD with a StarTech.com USB3 to SATA3 adaptor.
Bottom is a 1Tb Silicon Power external SSD USB3. I know which drive I'm taking with me on my next trip.
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 6.50.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 6.52.56 PM.png

Hi all. I have tried lots of guides to make my USB work on Mojave. I tried this guide twice with no success. I am currently on 10.14.1 and I cannot get my machine to recognize 3.0 speeds (no SSXX shown on IORegistryExplorer after excluding HS). I can't even get that include flag to work. I have installed the last USBInjectAll kext (at least I think it is, as November 9th).
I attach the files generated by the useful script by black.dragon74. I hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• debug_28106.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
As mentioned in post #2555, It is because your not using the correct version of USBInjectAll.kext.

The correct version of USBInjectAll.kext is linked by post #1.
Must read post #1 carefully.

Redone all my kext in the way you specified ... misinterpreted the part where you wrote 'install to system volume' and redownloaded latest usbinjectall.kext (which I thought I already had ??) and reinstalled to L/E instead of S/L/E.

After that it was pretty much a breeze ... thanks ones again for your time and patience!!

Back