Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

needs some help again: for the last few days I've trying to get my USB 3 ports inject as per guide, however no SSxx-ports seem to show up, no matter what I do

system:
i3-8100
Asrock H310M-itx
Mojave

Two usb 2 and 2 usb 3 ports on the back, ioreg always show max 14 ports but only HSxx and I never see EH01 in ioreg either .

View attachment 365207 View attachment 365208

No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check your files before upload.

Spending way too much time on this, so looking for some help trying to figure out whether I should be using the 0 or 255 connector type for my HS13 and HS14 ports.

These ports represent the USB 2.0 header on my Z270 Maximus IX Hero MB. I have a NZXT USB Internal Hub connected to this header. From there, I have an "Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0" card connected to one connector on the hub, and the case's front panel USB ports connected to another connector on the hub.

In reviewing IORegistryExplorer, I can see that the hub itself shows up under HS13 and HS14. The Wifi/Bluetooth card shows up under HS14 only. And, when something is connected to the front case connectors (2) they show up under HS13 only.

I've tried using 0 and 255 connectors type for both or some combination of the two, and can't notice a functional difference. Based on this description, and the attached ioregistry (where right now both are set to 0), what should my connector types be for these two ports?

Thank you!

Sorry about that. Debug files attached. Thanks again.

Since HS13 and HS14 are connected to an internal device (a hub), they should be UsbConnector=255.

needs some help again: for the last few days I've trying to get my USB 3 ports inject as per guide, however no SSxx-ports seem to show up, no matter what I do

system:
i3-8100
Asrock H310M-itx
Mojave

Two usb 2 and 2 usb 3 ports on the back, ioreg always show max 14 ports but only HSxx and I never see EH01 in ioreg either .

View attachment 365207 View attachment 365208
new attachment added

As per guide, you must use -uia_exclude_hs to test SSxx ports.
Since you seem to have a keyboard attached to HS01, and a mouse connected to HS02, don't forget to include those.
Such as: -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS01,HS02

You should really read post #1 carefully.

Since HS13 and HS14 are connected to an internal device (a hub), they should be UsbConnector=255.

Thanks for responding so quickly. What exactly does this mean functionally? What am I losing/breaking if I leave the connector types as 0 for HS13/HS14? I'll pull my hair out reading through the ACPI spec.

Also, should the connector type be different for external 2.0/3.0 hubs? For example as you can see from my debug files, I have an external hub (it's actually my Dell U3415W monitor's USB hub) connected to HS03/SS03. I then have a USB/bluetooth Logitech receiver plugged in to one of the connectors on the back of the monitor. Should HS03/SS03 be 255 as well, or stick with a 3 connector type?

As per guide, you must use -uia_exclude_hs to test SSxx ports.
Since you seem to have a keyboard attached to HS01, and a mouse connected to HS02, don't forget to include those.
Such as: -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS01,HS02

You should really read post #1 carefully.

If I do that, on reboot Clover crashes and my config.plist is wrecked. Happened multiple times :(

Thanks for responding so quickly. What exactly does this mean functionally? What am I losing/breaking if I leave the connector types as 0 for HS13/HS14? I'll pull my hair out reading through the ACPI spec.

We don't really know what Apple uses all the data for.
All we can do is follow their example.
Since it is easy to set the correct value for UsbConnector, no need to split hairs.

Also, should the connector type be different for external 2.0/3.0 hubs?

The devices you plug into controller ports are not a factor. Only the external port's actual type.

For example as you can see from my debug files, I have an external hub (it's actually my Dell U3415W monitor's USB hub) connected to HS03/SS03.

Obviously, UsbConnector=3.

I then have a USB/bluetooth Logitech receiver plugged in to one of the connectors on the back of the monitor. Should HS03/SS03 be 255 as well, or stick with a 3 connector type?

Devices you plug into an external hub have nothing to do with the UsbConnector values for ports on the controller.

If I do that, on reboot Clover crashes and my config.plist is wrecked. Happened multiple times :(

You must be editing your config.plist incorrectly.
Never use a text editor, always use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

And no need to edit config.plist to enter these kernel flags. Typically, you enter these temporarily via Clover options.

You must be editing your config.plist incorrectly.
Never use a text editor, always use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

And no need to edit config.plist to enter these kernel flags. Typically, you enter these temporarily via Clover options.

I understand that and use Xcode. But even when I just do it as a bootflag it doesn’t work and doesn’t exclude the two ports unfortunately. Problem persist when using clover options

I understand that and use Xcode. But even when I just do it as a bootflag it doesn’t work and doesn’t exclude the two ports unfortunately. Problem persist when using clover options

It will work if you type the kernel flag(s) correctly.
What do you mean by "exclude the two ports"?

Note: For uia_include, must use *current* USBInjectAll.kext. That specific kernel flag is not available in older versions of USBInjectAll.kext (your ioreg proves you installed the wrong version). Please read post #1 carefully.

Last edited:
Back