Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Make sure (as per Probook guide), that "fast boot" is disabled in BIOS.

I totally overlooked that I had that enabled. I disabled that, and I now have Bluetooth. :)

Thanks!

@RehabMan can you help me how do i fix my usb 3.1 and usb 2.0 in my 8th gen build? it shows as usb 3.0 and the maximum transfer data is only 480 mbps in system information under usb im using your latest usbinjectall.kext and xhciunsupported kext...anyway with/without using your above mention kext all my usb ports are working

Depends on the device. Some USB3 devices simply aren't capable of saturating the USB2 bus.
And you didn't attach PR files anyway,...

I've tried several USB3 devices with similar results. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• debug_18112.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
It really depends on what specifically the internal header is connected to.
Sometimes the board uses an internal hub for such ports, sometimes not.
Sometimes the case itself has an internal hub.
In those situations, the controller ports are connected to an internal device (the hub).
If the controller ports do not go through a hub, ...eg connected directly to external ports, then they get the appropriate UsbConnector depending on the type of external port.

Analyze your ioreg carefully.

Spending way too much time on this, so looking for some help trying to figure out whether I should be using the 0 or 255 connector type for my HS13 and HS14 ports.

These ports represent the USB 2.0 header on my Z270 Maximus IX Hero MB. I have a NZXT USB Internal Hub connected to this header. From there, I have an "Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0" card connected to one connector on the hub, and the case's front panel USB ports connected to another connector on the hub.

In reviewing IORegistryExplorer, I can see that the hub itself shows up under HS13 and HS14. The Wifi/Bluetooth card shows up under HS14 only. And, when something is connected to the front case connectors (2) they show up under HS13 only.

I've tried using 0 and 255 connectors type for both or some combination of the two, and can't notice a functional difference. Based on this description, and the attached ioregistry (where right now both are set to 0), what should my connector types be for these two ports?

Thank you!

Attachments

• ioregistry.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 56
@RehabMan can you help me how do i fix my usb 3.1 and usb 2.0 in my 8th gen build? it shows as usb 3.0 and the maximum transfer data is only 480 mbps in system information under usb im using your latest usbinjectall.kext and xhciunsupported kext...anyway with/without using your above mention kext all my usb ports are working
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Spending way too much time on this, so looking for some help trying to figure out whether I should be using the 0 or 255 connector type for my HS13 and HS14 ports.

These ports represent the USB 2.0 header on my Z270 Maximus IX Hero MB. I have a NZXT USB Internal Hub connected to this header. From there, I have an "Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0" card connected to one connector on the hub, and the case's front panel USB ports connected to another connector on the hub.

In reviewing IORegistryExplorer, I can see that the hub itself shows up under HS13 and HS14. The Wifi/Bluetooth card shows up under HS14 only. And, when something is connected to the front case connectors (2) they show up under HS13 only.

I've tried using 0 and 255 connectors type for both or some combination of the two, and can't notice a functional difference. Based on this description, and the attached ioregistry (where right now both are set to 0), what should my connector types be for these two ports?

Thank you!
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

needs some help again: for the last few days I've trying to get my USB 3 ports inject as per guide, however no SSxx-ports seem to show up, no matter what I do

system:
i3-8100
Asrock H310M-itx
Mojave

Two usb 2 and 2 usb 3 ports on the back, ioreg always show max 14 ports but only HSxx and I never see EH01 in ioreg either .

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.56.03.png Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.56.21.png

Attachments

• debug_25679 2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Attachments

• debug_30010.zip
    3 MB · Views: 63
Back