Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Attachments

• debug_18112.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
Yes and for some reason, SS07 is not showing in IO Reg. Even though it is in SSDT-UIAC.
Here's the debug zip.

You have an incorrect "port" address coded for SS07.
You have the same address for SS06 as SS07 (0x16).
SS07 should be 0x17.

The port addresses are correct in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl. Do not change them.

Hi RehabMan and all, I need a bit help here.

I went through the procedure of this guide and I managed to identify which HS/SS port is used from its assigned physical port.

Here’s the layout of the physical ports:
  • 6 USB3.0 ports on the back of my mobo
  • one usb2.0 port + one USB 3.0 port on the front panel, and both of them are connected to one set of usb header on the mobo via one set of cable connector
  • a Bluetooth dongle connected to another set of usb header on the mobo
As the result of the discovery step, there are 9 HS ports and 7 SS ports in use (16 in total). HS/SS01~06 are used for the 6 ports on the back of the mobo, HS/SS08 are used for the USB3.0 port on the front panel, HS14 is used for the front USB2.0, and HS12 is used for Bluetooth dongle.

Due to the 15 port limit, I reckoned I’d have to disable one HS or SS port, so I decided to remove SS01 in my SSDT since that port is always connected to a USB2.0 hub with my mouse and keyboard onto it, and thus I’ll have 15 HS/SS ports in total. To sum up, I removed everything but HS01~06,08,12,14 and SS02~08 in the SSDT.

However, after booting with SSDT, the ports seem to be fine in the IOReg except that the Bluetooth dongle went from HS12 to SS03 and my USB3.0 memory stick couldn’t be recognised by any port.

Obviously I must have done something wrong but I couldn’t figure it out.
I could really use some help. Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_27861.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IOReg.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • USB layout.png
    USB layout.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan and all, I need a bit help here.

I went through the procedure of this guide and I managed to identify which HS/SS port is used from its assigned physical port.

Here’s the layout of the physical ports:
  • 6 USB3.0 ports on the back of my mobo
  • one usb2.0 port + one USB 3.0 port on the front panel, and both of them are connected to one set of usb header on the mobo via one set of cable connector
  • a Bluetooth dongle connected to another set of usb header on the mobo
As the result of the discovery step, there are 9 HS ports and 7 SS ports in use (16 in total). HS/SS01~06 are used for the 6 ports on the back of the mobo, HS/SS08 are used for the USB3.0 port on the front panel, HS14 is used for the front USB2.0, and HS12 is used for Bluetooth dongle.

Due to the 15 port limit, I reckoned I’d have to disable one HS or SS port, so I decided to remove SS01 in my SSDT since that port is always connected to a USB2.0 hub with my mouse and keyboard onto it, and thus I’ll have 15 HS/SS ports in total. To sum up, I removed everything but HS01~06,08,12,14 and SS02~08 in the SSDT.

However, after booting with SSDT, the ports seem to be fine in the IOReg except that the Bluetooth dongle went from HS12 to SS03 and my USB3.0 memory stick couldn’t be recognised by any port.

Obviously I must have done something wrong but I couldn’t figure it out.
I could really use some help. Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Your port addresses are wrong.
Do not change the value for "port" from the value it is in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
It is correct iin SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl. Any change would be wrong.

Your port addresses are wrong.
Do not change the value for "port" from the value it is in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
It is correct iin SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl. Any change would be wrong.

Thanks @RehabMan, everything works fine after I reverted the value.

Another quick question, I used type 0 and 3 respectively for the USB 2.0 port and the USB 3.0 port on my front panel, and both of them are working fine now. Is it better if I use type 255 for those 2 ports since they are connected to the header on the Mobo?

Thanks again mate.

Thanks @RehabMan, everything works fine after I reverted the value.

Another quick question, I used type 0 and 3 respectively for the USB 2.0 port and the USB 3.0 port on my front panel, and both of them are working fine now. Is it better if I use type 255 for those 2 ports since they are connected to the header on the Mobo?

Thanks again mate.

It really depends on what specifically the internal header is connected to.
Sometimes the board uses an internal hub for such ports, sometimes not.
Sometimes the case itself has an internal hub.
In those situations, the controller ports are connected to an internal device (the hub).
If the controller ports do not go through a hub, ...eg connected directly to external ports, then they get the appropriate UsbConnector depending on the type of external port.

Analyze your ioreg carefully.

It really depends on what specifically the internal header is connected to.
Sometimes the board uses an internal hub for such ports, sometimes not.
Sometimes the case itself has an internal hub.
In those situations, the controller ports are connected to an internal device (the hub).
If the controller ports do not go through a hub, ...eg connected directly to external ports, then they get the appropriate UsbConnector depending on the type of external port.

Analyze your ioreg carefully.

I see, I'm not gonna pretend I know which case applies to my hack, so long as everything works fine, I am not gonna change anything. Lol

You have an incorrect "port" address coded for SS07.
You have the same address for SS06 as SS07 (0x16).
SS07 should be 0x17.

The port addresses are correct in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl. Do not change them.

Thank you, that did the trick. This next question is possibly off topic but... I was expecting USB3 devices plugged into USB3 ports to run at speeds in excess of USB2 speeds after setting a correct SSDT. This is what I am getting with every USB3 device with Black Magic speed test, AJA System Test and Amorphous Disk Mark. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 9.48.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 9.48.39 AM.png
    404.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.01.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.01.01 AM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.01.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.01.38 AM.png
    372.4 KB · Views: 51
Back