Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

After you have copied the SSDT to ACPI/patched,

After copying to ACPI/patched, does one restart to have the SSDT take effect (also remove/disable port limit patch)? Also as suggested, removed extra hub and extraneous unused USR I have the list down to 15.
Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 11.33.41 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml.zip
    981 bytes · Views: 77
@RehabMan Am I right that there are just HS01-HS14 and USR1 and no SSxx ports in my XHC to deal with?

Wrong.
You're seeing the effect of the 15-port limit.

Install USBInjectAll.kext, and boot with -uia_exclude_hs (as per guide) and you'll see that the SSxx were eliminated due to the 15-port limit.

What is with EH01/EH02 and PRxx in my IOreg? Can I delete these entries in the custom SSDT?

Non-existant, and not expected with 100-series and later chipsets.

After copying to ACPI/patched, does one restart to have the SSDT take effect

Yes of course.

(also remove/disable port limit patch)? Also as suggested, removed extra hub and extraneous unused USR I have the list down to 15.
View attachment 364659

Assuming your XHC device is 0xa2af, this looks ok, but your UsbConnector values are off somewhere.
There should be an *equal* number of HSxx and SSxx with UsbConnector=3 (you have 6x SSxx/4x HSxx).

Yes of course.

Assuming your XHC device is 0xa2af, this looks ok, but your UsbConnector values are off somewhere.
There should be an *equal* number of HSxx and SSxx with UsbConnector=3 (you have 6x SSxx/4x HSxx).
Yes and for some reason, SS07 is not showing in IO Reg. Even though it is in SSDT-UIAC.

Attachments

• Richard’s iMac.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
This has been on my todo list for a long time, but haven't had time to do this. Stupid question before I start.

My motherboard has internal USB3.1 connector with two ports, front panel cable is attached into it. Front panel has only power button and power led, no USB. Can I disable USB from this internal connector or do I lose power from the power button and power led?

This has been on my todo list for a long time, but haven't had time to do this. Stupid question before I start.

My motherboard has internal USB3.1 connector with two ports, front panel cable is attached into it. Front panel has only power button and power led, no USB. Can I disable USB from this internal connector or do I lose power from the power button and power led?

As per guide, any connector that is not used is to be eliminated from the SSDT-UIAC.

@RehabMan My laptop has got two USB Type C Ports. If I connect my Type C Hub when MacOS is running it won't be recognized. But if I plug in the hub before booting it will be recognized in RP07. So I have to add the RP07 path in the SSDT?

@RehabMan My laptop has got two USB Type C Ports. If I connect my Type C Hub when MacOS is running it won't be recognized. But if I plug in the hub before booting it will be recognized in RP07. So I have to add the RP07 path in the SSDT?

It means they are connected to your TB3 controller. As per post #1, TB is off-topic here.

Back