Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Mojave 10.14 and all is working.
I am using my custom SSDT-UIAC for usb and bluetooth pci card which I know that has some problems.
I build a new one which I hope to be ok, but is not working at all. When I add it seems to be totally ignored.

I will post my debug and the new SSDT-UIAC.

Any help please

Attachments

• debug_16854.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    696 bytes · Views: 74
Just a quick question.
I've been implementing successfully this method for a while.

In 10.14.1 what's the procedure?
Should the SSDT be implemented prior to installation?
Can in some way 10.14.1 be implemented in the post install after 10.14.1 installation or is it better to install 10.14.0 and then implement the SSDT and then update to later Mojave releases?

If you have already created the SSDT, you can use USBInjectAll.kext + your SSDT-UIAC.aml for the installer or recovery.
Your choice.

There seem to be a working 10.14.1 patch.

This guide does not depend on any port limit patch. And that is how it will remain.

Mojave 10.14 and all is working.
I am using my custom SSDT-UIAC for usb and bluetooth pci card which I know that has some problems.
I build a new one which I hope to be ok, but is not working at all. When I add it seems to be totally ignored.

I will post my debug and the new SSDT-UIAC.

Any help please

The "new" SSDT-UIAC.aml is coded completely wrong.
Use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template or edit your original SSDT-UIAC.dsl as needed.

Thank you, back to square one

If you have already created the SSDT, you can use USBInjectAll.kext + your SSDT-UIAC.aml for the installer or recovery.
Your choice.

This guide does not depend on any port limit patch. And that is how it will remain.
If port limit patch is in config.plist before SSDT do I remove it before/after implementing SSDT?

If port limit patch is in config.plist before SSDT do I remove it before/after implementing SSDT?

This guide does not use a port limit patch. Not before, not during, not after. You should remove it.

This guide does not use a port limit patch. Not before, not during, not after. You should remove it.
Thank you, what I figured but had to ask

Hi RehabMan and All,

I am trying to understand a few different things here all at once.

My mobo has:
  • ASMedia 107x hub (4x USB 3.0)
  • Intel with 4x USB 3.0 and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
Since there are a lot of ports I don't use I disabled them in Bios.

USBInjectAll - would let me see ALL of the ports in one go.

Without any other kexts I could see 14 HSxx ports, and one single SSxx port (15 port limit)

Since there's too many ports, I used uia_exclude_hs switch. It revealed the the 6 SSxx ports.

But how do I know if I really need the below 3 kexts?
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext (I only tried this cos of the ASMedia hub)

I don't think I need the ports to be moved under EHCx and named PRxx or HPxx.

If all looks good, can I just leave out EHC renaming as well as the above 3 kexts, and just use my custom AML config with the appropriate few HS and SS ports in use?

I might even disable the ASMedia ports as well, if there's no good and reliable way to make them work. They do accomodate my mouse and keyboard at the moment. Knock on wood.

Thank you.

Hi RehabMan and All,

I am trying to understand a few different things here all at once.

My mobo has:
  • ASMedia 107x hub (4x USB 3.0)
  • Intel with 4x USB 3.0 and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
Since there are a lot of ports I don't use I disabled them in Bios.

USBInjectAll - would let me see ALL of the ports in one go.

Without any other kexts I could see 14 HSxx ports, and one single SSxx port (15 port limit)

Since there's too many ports, I used uia_exclude_hs switch. It revealed the the 6 SSxx ports.

But how do I know if I really need the below 3 kexts?
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext (I only tried this cos of the ASMedia hub)

I don't think I need the ports to be moved under EHCx and named PRxx or HPxx.

If all looks good, can I just leave out EHC renaming as well as the above 3 kexts, and just use my custom AML config with the appropriate few HS and SS ports in use?

I might even disable the ASMedia ports as well, if there's no good and reliable way to make them work. They do accomodate my mouse and keyboard at the moment. Knock on wood.

Thank you.

For the hardware in your profile, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is optional. Really your choice. Similar to the guide in post #1 where I walk through the process both ways with my u430.

Personally, I prefer to keep EHCI disabled and keep everything on XHC when possible (8 or 9 series chipset).

ASMedia hubs are not part of this guide.
GenericUSBXHCI is not part of this guide.

@RehabMan Am I right that there are just HS01-HS14 and USR1 and no SSxx ports in my XHC to deal with?
What is with EH01/EH02 and PRxx in my IOreg? Can I delete these entries in the custom SSDT?

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_5200.zip
    5 MB · Views: 76
Back