Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

6+ hours of reading and searching forums... I give up for today. ANY help or ideas are welcome. I have tried every combination of kexts (FakePCIID with and without) and kernel flags (-uia_exclude_hs uis_include=HS03) with no change. Will try updating Clover tomorrow (I'm using v4674).

Thank you

6+ hours of reading and searching forums... I give up for today. ANY help or ideas are welcome. I have tried every combination of kexts (FakePCIID with and without) and kernel flags (-uia_exclude_hs uis_include=HS03) with no change. Will try updating Clover tomorrow (I'm using v4674).

Thank you

If you have an issue, you must describe it clearly and attach problem reporting files as per post #1.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the process of this and would like some guidance. From my understanding from the countless posts I've read, creating this SSDT would be most beneficial to long-term USB stability as the updates come out. My build was fine and happy until I updated to 10.14.1 and now my USB's don't work again.

Attached is my current config file.

I downloaded this file and opened it with the MaciASL application. I'm unsure on what to do next. I appreciate the help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 128
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the process of this and would like some guidance. From my understanding from the countless posts I've read, creating this SSDT would be most beneficial to long-term USB stability as the updates come out. My build was fine and happy until I updated to 10.14.1 and now my USB's don't work again.

Attached is my current config file.

I downloaded this file and opened it with the MaciASL application. I'm unsure on what to do next. I appreciate the help!

Read post #1.

In my case, i see:
HP11-HP18 (USB 2.0: HP11 and HP15 are shared for multiple ports, and HP16 as well as HP17 are portless);
PRO1 (USB 2.0: 4 ports share this);
SSP1-SSP5 (USB 3.0: SSP5 shared by 4 USB 3.0 ports, and SSP6 is without a port);
It's strange, that many ports share single SSP/HP/PRO1. And it's even more strange, because in X99 system (Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS) it should be HS01-HS14 and SSP1-SSP6. And there's not a single HS port and additional HP and PRO ports.

EDIT 1: I'm on 10.14.0, and USB 3 works. I just want to prepare SSDT for 10.14.1, as i tried it and there were USB 3 only on one front port.

In my case, i see:
HP11-HP18 (USB 2.0: HP11 and HP15 are shared for multiple ports, and HP16 as well as HP17 are portless);
PRO1 (USB 2.0: 4 ports share this);
SSP1-SSP5 (USB 3.0: SSP5 shared by 4 USB 3.0 ports, and SSP6 is without a port);
It's strange, that many ports share single SSP/HP/PRO1. And it's even more strange, because in X99 system (Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS) it should be HS01-HS14 and SSP1-SSP6. And there's not a single HS port and additional HP and PRO ports.

EDIT 1: I'm now on 10.14.0, and USB 3 works. I just want to prepare SSDT for 10.14.1, as i tried it and there were USB 3 only on one front port.

Don’t forget XHCI-unsupported.kext.

Don’t forget XHCI-unsupported.kext.
I tried to add USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext with Kext Wizard to /Library/Extensions on system drive. I tried to put it there manually by pasting it. I tried to put both kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. No effect whatsoever.

I tried to add USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext with Kext Wizard to /Library/Extensions on system drive. I tried to put it there manually by pasting it. I tried to put both kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. No effect whatsoever.
You cannot paste kexts with Finder. It damages file permissions. Read the laptop faq for correct kext installation. If you have an issue, reply with problem reporting files as per #1.

You cannot paste kexts with Finder. It damages file permissions. Read the laptop faq for correct kext installation. If you have an issue, reply with problem reporting files as per #1.
Thank you for suggestion regarding kext installation.
It was my bad, i indeed had XHCI-unsupported.kext and USBInjectAll.kext's, but i've been playing with both - 10.14.0 and 10.14.1, both on separate SSD's. I started it on 10.14.1, because USB 3 wasn't working on that version at all and i wanted to keep 10.14.0 as is. On 10.14.1 IOregistryExplorer showed total mess so i decided to boot to 10.14.0 to see how everything is there. And i forgot that i'm on 10.14.0. In 10.14.1 i changed EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02, as well _OSI to XOSI and XHC1 to XHC. I added PMHeart's kextToPatch. But i forgot to do it on 10.14.0. Now i've done it and it's a lot better but still not perfect. Now situation is like this:

FRONT (all USB 3.0):
USB #1: SSP1 and HP11
USB #2: SSP2 and HP12

BACK:
USB 2.0 row (4 ports): HP23 | HP24 | HP25 | HP26
USB 3.0 row (4 ports): all four of them SSP5 and HP15
USB 3.0 row (2 ports): SSP3 and HP13 | SSP4 and HP14

So there's no more PRO1 and it's more structured. But there's no HS01-14, only HP11-15. And there is still no SSP6. I also see PR's.

I attached some screenshot's:

Screenshot 2018-11-02 at 01.19.34.png Screenshot 2018-11-02 at 01.20.05.png

EDIT 1: I forgot to test internal USB 2 headers. They are HP18 and HP22.

EDIT 2: I removed CLOVER and IOREG attachments as i'm might have figured it out myself. And because my SMBIOS was visible in IOREG file.

Last edited:
Snow skiing, actually...
Rehab comes from injuries/recovery common with the sport.

Wonder why do I keep reading pages and pages of this guide countless times if I dont understand 90% of the keywords and terminology used in this specific guide, the amount of technical skills needed to accomplish this seems to be off the charts and I have nothing but mad respect for you, man. Seriously, reading you troubleshooting others USB configs is nothing but pure gold. You are one smart mother ***, ill give you that.

Anyhow, my hack seems to be working fine for now with the KextsToPatch entry but I am indeed aware this is not a definitive approach as I do encounter issues with deep sleep (normal sleep seems to be working fine) and am also aware USB 3.0 will break if I ever update, as the codes change with every update. Besides that, is there any pro of this custom SSDT vs the KextsToPatch entry? Would you consider the SSDT to be"mandatory" for a regular user?

As for the quoted post, didnt know you where into Skiing and that was the main reason of your username, its certainly not common to find such people in the ski world lol. We dont get much of those around here!

Anyhow, if you ever head south to Bariloche, Argentina (more precisely, Cerro Catedral Ski Resort), do reach out, Ill be sure to hook you up with some of the best skiing spots the mountain has to offer along with some empanadas you wont forget in your damn life, youll most definitely need some rehab after those! Ill promise not to bug you non stop with USB SSDT related questions, lol.

Anyhow, this might come off as a weird post as it was a mix of asking USB questions alongside expressing my gratitude towards your work here for literally nothing but virtual likes, I guess. So yeah, no ass licking or anything, just legit impressed at the amount of time invested in the guides/kexts/utilities made by you for nothing in exchange but helping the community.

Just read this after typing it quite fast and not really sure any of this makes any sense and I just realized I could have redacted this so much better if I had more time, but yeah, all in all I just hope the main goal of this message was delivered and understood just fine. Keep it up!

Stompy-

PD: Freestlye / Racing?

Back