Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

HP15/16 are 2 USB2 ports that's connected the a MB Header in Front of Case (PR11).HP15 is an IOGEAR Bluetooth Dongle.

No.
Your ioreg shows those ports (HP15/HP16) are connected to a hub.
Therefore the hub is internal, and should be marked portType=2 as per guide.
Look at your ioreg closely.

I did,refer to my earlier post but in any case seems like my SSDT is screwed up right?Jeez this is frustrating....

No time to hunt for this "earlier post".
Your responsibility to state the current problem with each set of PR files.

No need to 'Hunt' as I did explain myself before and gave debug files in that post.I'm going to start over since I don't want you 'Hunting' for anything ok cause god forbid you pop a vein.
Also, your SMBIOS choice is causing a few extra injects: PRT1,PRT3,PRT8. Fixing that requires patching/changing the Info.plist in Apple provided kext AppleUSBHub.kext.
Can you provide a link or summary as I asked before where I can figure this out as changing my SMBIOS may mean my serial etc too which could affect other stuff.I'm going to assume that once this is not addressed I can't move forward once I want to keep my SMBIOS right?

Can you provide a link or summary as I asked before where I can figure this out as changing my SMBIOS may mean my serial etc too which could affect other stuff.I'm going to assume that once this is not addressed I can't move forward once I want to keep my SMBIOS right?

These injections in the Apple USB kexts are covered here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.232991/

No need to 'Hunt' as I did explain myself before and gave debug files in that post.I'm going to start over since I don't want you 'Hunting' for anything ok cause god forbid you pop a vein.

I will generally scroll up on the current page looking for the issue, and if not found, then I don't bother going back to previous pages. As it happens, with posts that lack required information, requests for the required information all take up space and the real issue scrolls off into pages way back that I'm not willing to go looking for.

Thanks for the thorough guide @RehabMan, I really appreciate the level of detail. I am trying to create a custom SSDT for my motherboard, making sure to include the two front USB ports that are so more accessible than the rear ports. I have a question though. My motherboard has seven USB ports in the rear (6 regular + 1 USB-C) and two front ports. Since all of them are USB 3.0, I will have 18 HS/SS ports in total - excluding peripherals like bluetooth, M2 SSD disk etc. I just want to make sure: do all the HS/SS ports count towards the port limit? In case they do, and if I understand your guide right, I would have to choose a few ports to keep out of the SSDT in order to honor the 15 port limit. Is my understanding right?

Thanks for the thorough guide @RehabMan, I really appreciate the level of detail. I am trying to create a custom SSDT for my motherboard, making sure to include the two front USB ports that are so more accessible than the rear ports. I have a question though. My motherboard has seven USB ports in the rear (6 regular + 1 USB-C) and two front ports. Since all of them are USB 3.0, I will have 18 HS/SS ports in total - excluding peripherals like bluetooth, M2 SSD disk etc. I just want to make sure: do all the HS/SS ports count towards the port limit? In case they do, and if I understand your guide right, I would have to choose a few ports to keep out of the SSDT in order to honor the 15 port limit. Is my understanding right?

The 15-port limit is per controller.
If some of your 18 ports are on different controllers, then you may not have an issue with the limit.
If all of them are on XHC, you will need to sacrifice some of them to stay within the 15-port limit.

You will find out as you go through port discovery.

The 15-port limit is per controller.
If some of your 18 ports are on different controllers, then you may not have an issue with the limit.
If all of them are on XHC, you will need to sacrifice some of them to stay within the 15-port limit.

You will find out as you go through port discovery.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. They are all in the same controller, but it won't hurt me at all to choose a couple of them to be disabled.

I wish you a quick rehab, from whatever addiction you have! (I am guessing computers :mrgreen:)

I'm trying to get my USB configured correctly. So created custom SSDT using the instructions in this thread. This is very much stretching my capabilities. Please could you have a look at the attached "SSDT-UIAC.aml" that I am using and tell me if it looks right?

I also attach problem reporting files generated using the tool from black.dragon74

Attachments

• debug_20107.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 54
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    695 bytes · Views: 96
I'm trying to get my USB configured correctly. So created custom SSDT using the instructions in this thread. This is very much stretching my capabilities. Please could you have a look at the attached "SSDT-UIAC.aml" that I am using and tell me if it looks right?

I also attach problem reporting files generated using the tool from black.dragon74

Your setup is clearly wrong.
One sanity check I do is to check for equal number of SSxx ports as HSxx ports with UsbConnector=3.
You have 4 SSxx with UsbConnector=3, but no HSxx ports with UsbConnector=3.
Should be 1:1.

Back