Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Thanks.As for the USB settings I was referring too these below.All are set to Enabled.Bless
Code:
XHCI Pre-Boot Driver
xHCI Mode
HS Port Switchable #1-4
xHCI Streams
USB2.0 Controller
Legacy USB Support
XHCI Hand-Off
EHCI Hand-Off

With xHCI mode = "enabled", the BIOS will likely disable the EHCI controllers, such that everything is on XHC.
Whether you want that or not is your decision.
EHCI+xHCI vs. xHCI only is covered in post #1.

Just wanted to say thanks for the write up RehabMan. Got everything working beautifully on a Dell Optiplex 3020m SFF.

Just wanted to say thanks for the write up RehabMan. Got everything working beautifully on a Dell Optiplex 3020m SFF.

Awesome to hear.

I did notice that in the finished SSDT_UIAC under the Hub section you have "portType", 2, yet in the template all of the port types are 0. I ended up changing them all to 2 and it worked perfectly. I’m referring to the Lenovo u430 example.

I did notice that in the finished SSDT_UIAC under the Hub section you have "portType", 2, yet in the template all of the port types are 0. I ended up changing them all to 2 and it worked perfectly. I’m referring to the Lenovo u430 example.

The guide content was based on an older version of SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
portType=2, as mentioned in post #1, are for hub ports connected to internal devices.

The guide content was based on an older version of SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
portType=2, as mentioned in post #1, are for hub ports connected to internal devices.
Ok thanks, I’ll go back to 0 then as they are all external.

@RehabMan Ok here goes again.This is for my Z77 in my Sig.I'm thinking that I've surely got this wrong.From my initial post I was getting my USB sticks showing up on different ports e.g.
Code:
SSP5 Rear Top Right | SSP6 Rear Top Left.
SSP7 Rear Bottom Right | SSP8 Rear Bottom Left
After realizing that I had extra port limits for earlier version OS in my config i disabled them and tried again with all that I believe I must have to get proper readings but now this is what I get
Code:
SSP8@14800000>4-Port USB 3.0 Hub @14810000 > AppleUSB3Hub14800000
AppleUSB3HubPort14810000 Rear Top Right
AppleUSB3HubPort14820000 Rear Top Left.
AppleUSB3HubPort14830000 Rear Bottom Right
AppleUSB3HubPort14840000 Rear Bottom Left

Am I on the right track or did I drive off the cliff? Attached is the IOReg at different points, Not All ports tested.I've also attached pics so you can see how the board is laid out.I'm using F_USB30_2 that goes to 2 front USB3 ports and F_USB1 that goes to 2 USB2 Ports.Let me know if I should run the debug script again and attach.Bless

Last edited:
@RehabMan Ok here goes again.This is for my Z77 in my Sig.I'm thinking that I've surely got this wrong.From my initial post I was getting my USB sticks showing up on different ports e.g.
Code:
SSP5 Rear Top Right | SSP6 Rear Top Left.
SSP7 Rear Bottom Right | SSP8 Rear Bottom Left
After realizing that I had extra port limits for earlier version OS in my config i disabled them and tried again with all that I believe I must have to get proper readings but now this is what I get
Code:
SSP8@14800000>4-Port USB 3.0 Hub @14810000 > AppleUSB3Hub14800000
AppleUSB3HubPort14810000 Rear Top Right
AppleUSB3HubPort14820000 Rear Top Left.
AppleUSB3HubPort14830000 Rear Bottom Right
AppleUSB3HubPort14840000 Rear Bottom Left

Am I on the right track or did I drive off the cliff? Attached is the IOReg at different points, Not All ports tested.I've also attached pics so you can see how the board is laid out.I'm using F_USB30_2 that goes to 2 front USB3 ports and F_USB1 that goes to 2 USB2 Ports.Let me know if I should run the debug script again and attach.Bless

There is no issue with port limits on 7-series (the max number of ports on XHC is well under 15).

Your ioreg "nothing plugged" shows USB hubs at HP25/HP26/SSP7/SSP8. So, either those are built-in or you plugged more than "nothing".

Ports that are part of internal hubs other than those at EH01.PR11 and EH02.PR21 are not any concern (they are not part of SSDT configuration). SSDT configuration is concerned only with EH01/EH02/HUB1/HUB2/XHC.

I did a fresh install of Mojave...would my High Sierra DSDT still work or do I start over?

Back