Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

@RehabMan, I recently changed motherboard from Asus H97M Plus to Asus Maximus Gene VI. I recreated the USB SSDT file but I'm not sure if it is functioning correctly. When I look in IORegistryExplorer, I can see in EH01, I have one entry for the internal USB in PR11 but the rest of the ports are shown in XHC. Do I have to eliminate the remaining PR12-PR18?

Also, I am trying to map the ports again to confirm I have marked them correctly but for some reason, I cannot see any of the USB 3 ports. I removed the USB SSDT from patched folder and applied the port limit patch for 10.14.x. The only port I see is SSP1. I tried adding FakePCIID and Mux kexts as well but no luck. Any idea what could be preventing all the ports from showing up?

I also tested the USB 3 write speed with the current USB SSDT and it doesn't go past 25MB/s with write speed. Read speed is at around 111MB/s.

Any port not used should be eliminated.
HPxx ports are configured with "HUB1"/"HUB2".
PRxx ports are configured with "EH01"/"EH02".
HSxx and SPxx are configured as per post #1 with the appropriate "8086_xxxx" where xxx matches your XHC device-id, or if you want to just use "XHC" that works too.

Thanks Rehabman, just completed (Curiously, I went to remove the port limit patch and realised I had never actually used it. Does that seem strange?)

Also, now that I have my ports back, how can I test USB3 is transferring at the correct speeds? I'm testing with a 2.5" HDD, getting 95MB/s write, 86MB/s read.

Thanks Rehabman, just completed (Curiously, I went to remove the port limit patch and realised I had never actually used it. Does that seem strange?)

To test all ports during port discovery, your hardware would make using the port limit patch compulsory.

device 3.0 when connected to 2.0 - works like 2.0, which is correct
usb 3.0 only work with 2.0 devices, why?

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml
    421 bytes · Views: 100
Amazing guide Rehabman! I used this and your USB power guide to fix the problems I had charging my iPad. Thanks for all your work.

Trying to get the USB sorted out on the Elitebook 840 G1. After sleep, some ports dont work. Trying to follow the guide, but after creating the SSDT file, i keep getting errors during compliation of the SSDT-UIAC.dsl.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.08.32.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.08.32.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 52
  • debug_22685.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 62
Back