Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

How can this be done ?
It is just mentioned in post #1 , not described.

Look at ACPI hotpatch guide and the files that do it, such as SSDT-DEHCI.dsl, SSDT-DEH01.dsl, SSDT-DEH02.dsl.

Hi, thanks for the guide. It solved my sleep problems.
But I have some questions:
Do i still need the series-200 injector on Mojave running a z370 board?
Do i have to rename EHx on a z370 board?

I read on ****** that I don't need the injector and I think a z370 has only the XHC controller so the renaming shouldn't be necessary.

And is it possible to declare a port as internal so that it doesn't wake my system from sleep and additionally get the USB3 funtionality on that port?

Is it possible that my system is waken up for a XHC reason even if the only port in use is marked as internal? I'm just wondering, that's why I didn't attach problem reporting files.

I read on ****** that I don't need the injector and I think a z370 has only the XHC controller so the renaming shouldn't be necessary.

And is it possible to declare a port as internal so that it doesn't wake my system from sleep and additionally get the USB3 funtionality on that port?

Is it possible that my system is waken up for a XHC reason even if the only port in use is marked as internal? I'm just wondering, that's why I didn't attach problem reporting files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi Rehabman, I am working my way through your excellent guide. I have successfully mapped all the ports on my computer with the exception of the USB-C ports (2). I plug in my MacBook USB to USBC adaptor (Because I have no USBC devices) but nothing in IOREG pops up in the XHC part.

Any ideas why this would occur - Is there different patching needed in my plist perhaps?

Hi Rehabman, I am working my way through your excellent guide. I have successfully mapped all the ports on my computer with the exception of the USB-C ports (2). I plug in my MacBook USB to USBC adaptor (Because I have no USBC devices) but nothing in IOREG pops up in the XHC part.

Any ideas why this would occur - Is there different patching needed in my plist perhaps?

If your USB-C ports are connected to a Thunderbolt controller, you should not expect them to show up on the chipset XHC.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sry, didn't think I needed them for answers to my questions:)

Here you go. (The script is awesome btw^^)

Attachments

• debug_8012.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
Sry, didn't think I needed them for answers to my questions:)

Here you go. (The script is awesome btw^^)

Your ioreg shows you're running Mojave and have XHC 8086:a2af.
You can easily search the system USB kexts to see if a2af is native:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:~ rehabman$ grep -y a2af -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist:           <string>0xa2af8086</string>

So... you don't need any XHCI injector on Mojave for your hardware.

Your ioreg shows you're running Mojave and have XHC 8086:a2af.
You can easily search the system USB kexts to see if a2af is native:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:~ rehabman$ grep -y a2af -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist:           <string>0xa2af8086</string>

So... you don't need any XHCI injector on Mojave for your hardware.

Thanks a lot. Didn't know that trick :)

And what about the renaming of EHx? Am I right that I don't need it if everything is on the XHC?

And could my issue that my system wakes instantly in very rare cases (reason XHC) be related to the USB3.1 Bus? I just found out that the device id is 0x2142. So my SSDT doesn't target it, but nothing is connected on that port.

Is it possible to declare a port as internal and usb3.0 at the same time?

And what about the renaming of EHx?

Your hardware has no EHCI controllers.

And could my issue that my system wakes instantly in very rare cases (reason XHC) be related to the USB3.1 Bus? I just found out that the device id is 0x2142. So my SSDT doesn't target it, but nothing is connected on that port.

Probably related to specific devices that are connected to XHC.

Is it possible to declare a port as internal and usb3.0 at the same time?

Not sure what you mean by "port as internal". There really is no such thing... only "ports which are external," and "ports connected to internal devices."

All ports connected to internal devices are marked UsbConnector=255.

Your hardware has no EHCI controllers.
Thanks, I wasn't sure.

Probably related to specific devices that are connected to XHC.
Yeah but how can I find out what's the cause? The only thing I can see in syslog is the XHC reason.

Not sure what you mean by "port as internal". There really is no such thing... only "ports which are external," and "ports connected to internal devices."

All ports connected to internal devices are marked UsbConnector=255.
Sry for my bad description.
I observed that UsbConnector=255 prevents the system from waking when i plug/unplug the device when the system is sleeping. So my question is if it's possible to use UsbConnector=255 for any external USB 3.0 device to prevent the system from waking.

And I have another problem: My external USB3.0 disks are not mounted automatically at boot. I have to mount them manually.

So something doesn't feel right with my usb configuration...

Sry for the many questions but I really want to understand things and you are the only one that can help me :)

Back