Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

If you remember our conversation , just few posts back , you said that typically for my Haswell laptop I should useFakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

Only when EHCI is enabled.
On my u430, I disable EHCI and keep everything on XHC.
Both scenarios are covered in post #1.

So I did but didn't see an improvement.

Improvement in what?

Hi RehabMan. Can you help me check if my SSDT config is legit?

I'm (still) trying to solve my sleep/ wake problem:
- With my USB keyboard plug-in. I can't put my hack to sleep, choosing Sleep having the same effect as Lock Screen.
- With my USB keyboard un-plugged. It goes to sleep (every lights off), then goes back to Lock Screen (after 5-10 secs or so). But after I login and put it in to sleep again. It will work. Pretty consistent that way.

It's probably off-topic but if someone knows what's happening it'd be great.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_2579.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Hi RehabMan. Can you help me check if my SSDT config is legit?

I'm (still) trying to solve my sleep/ wake problem:
- With my USB keyboard plug-in. I can't put my hack to sleep, choosing Sleep having the same effect as Lock Screen.
- With my USB keyboard un-plugged. It goes to sleep (every lights off), then goes back to Lock Screen (after 5-10 secs or so). But after I login and put it in to sleep again. It will work. Pretty consistent that way.

It's probably off-topic but if someone knows what's happening it'd be great.

Thanks.

Comments:
- CPU PM not implemented. Add config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true
- remove VirtualBox
- may be "instant wake" (try disabling wake on USB in BIOS)
- USB power properties not implemented, see guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/
- did you try a different keyboard? (just to see if it is device specific problem)

Hi RehabMan,

in the last few months I learned to implement the SSDT for USBInjectAll.
So I do it all the time.
There are instances in which I still don't get how to proceed.
How should I proceed if there are ASMedia controllers for USB 3.1 Gen 1 or Gen 2 Type A/C or/but especially AND Thunderbolt controllers, that can take USB Type A/C that are external from XHC Intel USB tree?
The number of ports in these cases will exceed by a lot the limit of 15.
Thanks.

Hi RehabMan,

in the last few months I learned to implement the SSDT for USBInjectAll.
So I do it all the time.
There are instances in which I still don't get how to proceed.
How should I proceed if there are ASMedia controllers for USB 3.1 Gen 1 or Gen 2 Type A/C or/but especially AND Thunderbolt controllers, that can take USB Type A/C that are external from XHC Intel USB tree?
The number of ports in these cases will exceed by a lot the limit of 15.
Thanks.

As per post #1, this guide does not cover AsMedia or TB controllers (eg. USBInjectAll.kext supports Intel chipset XHC only).

The 15 port limit is *per controller*.

But why if I remove the 15 port limit patch THEN in presence of an ASMedia controller I see some (the latter ones: SS03, SS04, SS05...) of the XHC ports disappearing?
If there's no XHC controller when I remove the patch I see the implemented USB ports as per SSDT.

it's like if the 4 ports of the ASMedia are not counted as a standalone controller with 15 ports for itself.
Thanks for your help.

I've found. I don't even begin with a rant.
Thanks!

@RehabMan , I'm back again.
Changed some things in usb injection , deleted usbinjectall.kext.
Could you please check if it is fine ?
Thanks again.

Attachments

• debug_13318.zip
    879.1 KB · Views: 57
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Back