Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I am obviously misunderstanding something. I thought if I DISABLED, or REMOVED all the Clover port limit patches, OR use the the -uia_ignore_rmcf boot flag then I am effectively enabling all the available USB ports?

But I suppose this must mean I'm hitting the Apple limit of 16 (24?), that's why I don't see the SSPx ports?

So finally, please confirm that there exists a Clover patch that raises the limit to 24 (or X > 16), and I just have to find it?

-uia_ignore_rmcf has nothing to do with the 15 port limit imposed by the macOS XHC kexts.

-uia_ignore_rmcf has nothing to do with the 15 port limit imposed by the macOS XHC kexts.

Yes agreed. I just wanted to impart the information that I believed that I was setting up my system to appropriately test USB injection.

So I still have the basic problem of not being able to set the port limit to something greater than 15, despite checking the Clover patches several times.

Should I remove the copy of USBInjectAll.kext and get a fresh copy/version ?
What am I doing wrong, so that I fail to raise the port limit to greater than 15?

I should point out that I was successful in raising the port limit on the now broken Gaming 5 motherboard and getting the USBInjectAll.kext to work with it's USB ports. But now I have replaced it with the GA-Z97X Gaming 7 mobo, and I just can't get the port limit to raise. I am using the same exact USBInjectAll.kext on this Gaming-7 as I did on the Gaming-5 mobo.

I was successful in getting my ASRock mobo USB injector to work correctly too.

Is there something I'm not aware of limiting raising the port limit beyond 15 ? Do you agree, by looking in the bootlog.txt, that the port limit raise patches seem to be applied - but are just not working?

@RehabMan

OK I see that in IOREGs that the port count is set to 15 - i.e. limited. I have applied ALL combinations of the config_patches.plist from your repo. I can see the patches getting applied in the bootlog.txt file (attached).

But I can't figure out what is disabling the port limit patch, or why this is failing to raise to 24?
Can you help?

attached is my latest debug attempt.

New patches for 10.13.6 just added to the repo only a few minutes ago.
Check again.

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit RehabMan, based prior PMHeart patch)</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.6</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g32IDw+DpwQAAA==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g32ID5CQkJCQkA==</data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (10.13.6) (credit PMHeart)</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.6</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g32IDw+DpwQAAA==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g32ID5CQkJCQkA==</data>
            </dict>

Why are these two patches same? Is it disabled or changed to 26?

New-ish to hackintosh. I've got everything working except for the bluetooth on my broadcom pcie card (wifi works fine). My guess is that it's something with the usb ssdt setup. Followed the guide and hoping someone can take a look at my plist (or any other files you need).

Let me know if there's anything else that'll help troubleshoot. Appreciate it!

Edit: added dsl file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 177
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    2.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
New-ish to hackintosh. I've got everything working except for the bluetooth on my broadcom pcie card (wifi works fine). My guess is that it's something with the usb ssdt setup. Followed the guide and hoping someone can take a look at my plist (or any other files you need).

problem reporting files are incomplete, please re read post 1

Actually, you'll want to post your SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl (or whatever name you gave it) file for proper troubleshooting of your custom SSDT. The USB port assigned to your Bluetooth card should have a value of 255 defined under "USB Connector" (common mistake is someone to leave this value at 0 or 3).

Actually, you'll want to post your SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl (or whatever name you gave it) file for proper troubleshooting of your custom SSDT. The USB port assigned to your Bluetooth card should have a value of 255 defined under "USB Connector" (common mistake is someone to leave this value at 0 or 3).

Thanks for the pointer. I've tried it with 0, 3, and 255 without luck. But I retested it with 255 and added the .dsl file to my first post.

Thanks for the pointer. I've tried it with 0, 3, and 255 without luck. But I retested it with 255 and added the .dsl file to my first post.
usb 3 would normally have SS ports as well

Back