Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Great writeup Rehab and good tutorial. Nice the mess has an end and no patch needed with every update.

Attached is my individual dsl and aml for the Gigabyte Z170 Designare for those with the same board as starting point. 1:1 use is not recommended. You have to customize upon your architecture like Bluetooth internally etc.

Attachments

• XHCI.jpg
    XHCI.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 102
  • UIAC-Z170 Designare.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 79
Oops...Here are the files.

I didn't look at EFI.zip (EFI not requested... it is too large).
But your ioreg clearly shows the effects of the 15-port limit.
Read post #1 and add the correct port limit patch to your config.plist.

I didn't look at EFI.zip (EFI not requested... it is too large).
But your ioreg clearly shows the effects of the 15-port limit.
Read post #1 and add the correct port limit patch to your config.plist.

Okay, I reread post #1 and updated my config.plist. Still no joy. I have USBInjectAll and XHCI-200-series-injector in S/L/E of my boot drive. Clearly I must me missing or misunderstanding something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 192
Okay, I reread post #1 and updated my config.plist. Still no joy. I have USBInjectAll and XHCI-200-series-injector in S/L/E of my boot drive. Clearly I must me missing or misunderstanding something.

You did not enter the port limit patch correctly.
Use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro), then use copy/paste to copy the patch from config_patches.plist.

is this also a known problem for desktops or only for laptops? cuz this was posted in the laptops section i'm afraid to follow the same steps to try to resolve my usb problems on the desktop.

Hi, I have problem with BT device is 05AC: 828F. In one of the topics I was told that the USB ports do not work correctly.
I have a 200-series motherboard. Controller USB - 8086:a2af.

1) XHCI-200-series-injector.kext - i do not use it, because my controller must work native 10.13.4
greap a2af -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext and result
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Content/Info.plist <string>0xa2af8086</string>
2) Custom SSDT-USB - I created
3) FakePCIID_XHCIMux - I do not use it. it is only for 6,7,8,9 - series
4) USBInjectAll.kext - is present

All ports work, both USB 3.0 and 2.0 and WiFi, except bluetooth device BCM94360CS2.

What's wrong ? In what may be the problem?

Attachments

• debug_8390.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 89
is this also a known problem for desktops or only for laptops? cuz this was posted in the laptops section i'm afraid to follow the same steps to try to resolve my usb problems on the desktop.

Same procedures used for desktops and laptops.

Hi, I have problem with BT device is 05AC: 828F. In one of the topics I was told that the USB ports do not work correctly.
I have a 200-series motherboard. Controller USB - 8086:a2af.

1) XHCI-200-series-injector.kext - i do not use it, because my controller must work native 10.13.4
greap a2af -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext and result
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Content/Info.plist <string>0xa2af8086</string>
2) Custom SSDT-USB - I created
3) FakePCIID_XHCIMux - I do not use it. it is only for 6,7,8,9 - series
4) USBInjectAll.kext - is present

All ports work, both USB 3.0 and 2.0 and WiFi, except bluetooth device BCM94360CS2.

What's wrong ? In what may be the problem?

Your USB port configuration looks correct. Other bluetooth issues off-topic here.

Back