Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

There isn't any change in IOReg.app, and not any usb device even though the USB keyboard and mouse is on.

No idea what IOReg.app is.
The guide uses IORegistryExplorer.app.

If you have a question and expect more than guesses, you must provide problem reporting files as per FAQ.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You are not looking in right place.

Scroll up, and look for changes under EH01 and EH02. when you insert and remove the device the entry will turn red color.

@Heporis laptop is 100-series chipset (according to the profile).
No EHCI controller on 100-series or later.
100-series is XHCI only... therefore no EH01/EH02.

I'm also facing the issue that the HS0x devices cannot be expanded, show no device connected. I'm running an H370 Motherboard with USBInjectAll and the 300 series injector. Sleep ain't working, most USB ports do. .
My Board doesn't have EHC or EH ports, only XHC appear

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 14.37.16.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 14.37.16.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 112
You are not looking in right place.

Scroll up, and look for changes under EH01 and EH02. when you insert and remove the device the entry will turn red color.
My desktop only have a XHCI controller, no EHCI. I can only find XHC in IOReg as previous picture.
Even though the keyboard and mouse are connected to USB 2.0 port, they are under the USB 3.0 Bus.
屏幕快照 2018-05-09 9.03.39 PM.png

I'm also facing the issue that the HS0x devices cannot be expanded,

It is because you're (mistakenly) doing a search in ioreg. Nowhere in the guide does it instruct you to use search.
Read the guide carefully.

HP18 should not be showing up under EH02. HP1x is on EH01, HP2x on EH02.

Ah yes, my mistake. HP18 is indeed under EH01.

Im starting to editing, SSDT-UIAC-ALL. my device ID is b1 8c 00 00 so 8086_8xxx is going to be my match.

I will delete all sections inside SSDT-UIAC-ALL except for the 8086_8xxx section correct?

Then I will delete any unused ports that did not show up in my USB 2 and USB 3 tests.

But where I'm confused is that in my tests I had HP13, HP14, etc.. as my results but inside SSDT-UIAC-ALL the ports are labeled with HS not HP?

so if HP13 was in my test result, I leave port HS13 inside SSD-UIAC-ALL? I ignore the prefix letters?

thanks,

I will delete all sections inside SSDT-UIAC-ALL except for the 8086_8xxx section correct?

Since you're using the EHCI controller, you need also "EH01", "EH02", "HUB1", "HUB2".

Your image proves that USBInjectAll.kext is not installed correctly.
I install USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to the system volume, and only find USBInjectAll.kext is loaded.
IOReg.app is short for IORegistryExplorer.app.
Now, there is still no any device under XHC in IORegistryExplorer.

I install USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to the system volume, and only find USBInjectAll.kext is loaded.
IOReg.app is short for IORegistryExplorer.app.
Now, there is still no any device under XHC in IORegistryExplorer.

As per guide, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext does not apply to 100-series chipset and later (no EHCI controller).
And your laptop is not 200-series (no 200-series mobile yet).

You failed to attach any problem reporting files. Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Back