Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi,

thank you for this guide

I understand the problem reporting process but I'm not reporting a problem, simply asking a question.(if you want me to report it as a problem, I'm happy to grab all the necessary files)

Two of my ports are ASMedia, so when I plugin a usb device (hard drive) into the ports, none of the 26 XHC ports actually gets loaded (note:HS10 has my wireless mouse and keyboard connected to it)

Instead, the usb is mapped to this location

how do i redirect PXSX@0 to XHC? FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext?

As per post #1, this guide does not apply to ASmedia (it applies only to Intel USB controllers).

As per post #1, this guide does not apply to ASmedia (it applies only to Intel USB controllers).
What I’m trying to say is, what do you advise me to do with those two ports. Disable them overall ? Or is there a separate guide for them ?

What I’m trying to say is, what do you advise me to do with those two ports. Disable them overall ? Or is there a separate guide for them ?

I think most just disable ASmedia from BIOS.
I don't know of a guide for ASmedia USB.

No.
As per guide, the SSDT is "for USBInjectAll.kext". It has no effect without the kext.

Also solved the issue with SSxx ports not showing in Ioreg. I changed port count from 18 the one you had in your DSL to 9 total since the total number of ports ended up being 9 when I was done with my DSL. I must have missed that part in your guide or its assumed you do not touch that?

Also solved the issue with SSxx ports not showing in Ioreg. I changed port count from 18 the one you had in your DSL to 9 total since the total number of ports ended up being 9 when I was done with my DSL. I must have missed that part in your guide or its assumed you do not touch that?

No need to change the value used for "port-count".
(note also that it isn't actually a "count of ports")
The values for "port-count" in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl are already correct for each device-id.

I am now officially out of ideas.
all my usb3 devices are now recongnized as usb 2 and under "USB 2.0 Bus" in system information, with nothing under my "USB 3.0 Bus" see screen shot attached (note the highlighted usb device "usb" is a usb 3 pen drive)
Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 8.15.56 PM.png

I've tested two scenarios (both with power injected. I noticed, even with smbios set to mac book pro 11.3, I still need to manually inject usb power settings through UIAC ssdt otherwise get "usb needs more power" error)
1. in bios, xhc set to "smart auto"
EH01 EC02 and XHC show up in ioreg, however all usb device, no matter what kind are attached to either EH01 or EC02
withMUX-biosXHCISmartAuto_customUSBPower_portLimitPatch_enableAllXHCPort.png

2. xhc set to enabled
EH01 EC02 disappear and only XHC show up in ioreg, no visual change when plug/unplug usb device
noMUX_biosXHCIEnabled_noCustomUIAC_portlimitpatch.png

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 63
I am now officially out of ideas.
all my usb3 devices are now recongnized as usb 2 and under "USB 2.0 Bus" in system information, with nothing under my "USB 3.0 Bus" see screen shot attached (note the highlighted usb device "usb" is a usb 3 pen drive)
View attachment 322260

I've tested two scenarios (both with power injected. I noticed, even with smbios set to mac book pro 11.3, I still need to manually inject usb power settings through UIAC ssdt otherwise get "usb needs more power" error)
1. in bios, xhc set to "smart auto"
EH01 EC02 and XHC show up in ioreg, however all usb device, no matter what kind are attached to either EH01 or EC02
View attachment 322264

2. xhc set to enabled
EH01 EC02 disappear and only XHC show up in ioreg, no visual change when plug/unplug usb device
View attachment 322263

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong (PR files should not be 22.5mb)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Greetings everyone! First, I apologize if I am missing something very simple, which I don't doubt I am. I have been working so long on getting the injector to show USB 3.0 ports for about a week and a half I honestly don't remember what I have done and not done. I can tell the injector isn't working in IOReg, as I only see HS1-HS14, and no SS ports. HS2 is intentionally removed, it is the included bluetooth module with the board. I have an Apple bluetooth module installed via PCI/internal USB that I prefer to use. I attached my problem reporting files below if anyone has a moment and can give me some feedback. If I am missing anything, please don't hesitate to let me know.

My thanks to this community, I have built four successful hacks in the last 7-8 years with your resources!

Attachments

• debug_9866.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Greetings everyone! First, I apologize if I am missing something very simple, which I don't doubt I am. I have been working so long on getting the injector to show USB 3.0 ports for about a week and a half I honestly don't remember what I have done and not done. I can tell the injector isn't working in IOReg, as I only see HS1-HS14, and no SS ports. HS2 is intentionally removed, it is the included bluetooth module with the board. I have an Apple bluetooth module installed via PCI/internal USB that I prefer to use. I attached my problem reporting files below if anyone has a moment and can give me some feedback. If I am missing anything, please don't hesitate to let me know.

My thanks to this community, I have built four successful hacks in the last 7-8 years with your resources!

You need to follow the guide in post #1.

Back