Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

hi, trying to read through the guide in preparation of attempting it. does the following screenshot mean my XHC is 0xa2af? which means 8086_a2af? currently I have not done any of the prerequisite, just going through ioreg to try to go through the steps in advance.

is genericUSBXHCI.kext necessary? I notice somehow I have it installed right now.

edit: went ahead and did the guide. I think I did it correctly? please see attached files if it looks like its working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 4.50.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 4.50.48 PM.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 110
  • usb.zip
    805.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
hi, trying to read through the guide in preparation of attempting it. does the following screenshot mean my XHC is 0xa2af? which means 8086_a2af? currently I have not done any of the prerequisite, just going through ioreg to try to go through the steps in advance.

Yes, as expected with 200-series.

is genericUSBXHCI.kext necessary? I notice somehow I have it installed right now.

Not applicable to Intel xHCI, and not applicable to this guide.

edit: went ahead and did the guide. I think I did it correctly? please see attached files if it looks like its working.

Assuming 6-USB3 and 2-USB2 ports (all for external connections), looks ok.

Hi, RehabMan. My USB3.1 works now, but I can't hot plug. And I must plug it before computer boot or USB3.1 can't be identified. Any idea to fix it?
a15b4afegy1fosxzldcyaj20v10l1dky.jpg

a15b4afegy1fosy0b1b59j20p60k7n1g.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, RehabMan. My USB3.1 works now, but I can't hot plug. And I must plug it before computer boot or USB3.1 can't be identified. Any idea to fix it?
a15b4afegy1fosxzldcyaj20v10l1dky.jpg

a15b4afegy1fosy0b1b59j20p60k7n1g.jpg

As per post #1, this topic does not cover ports connected to Thunderbolt.
Your results with Thunderbolt are typical.

Thanks for this outstanding guide @RehabMan. Excellent work, as usual. I found this guide in search of a problem I had after upgrading to High Sierra the other day. None of my USB 3.0 devices were working. Walking through this guide revealed to me that I never did a KextsToPatch for 10.13.x. Once I got to that point in your guide I went ahead and rebooted and at least my USB 3 devices are working again. However, the issue I have now, discovered after continuing through your guide to make a custom SSDT, is that one of my USB 3.0 ports will not recognize a 3.0 device AT ALL while another port will recognize USB 3.0 flash drives but not my external hard drive....weird. Both of these ports are located on the same spot on the motherboard, right below by PS/2 port. I don't know if continuing with a custom SSDT will correct this or not but I wanted to ask before proceeding.

One other thing I noticed is that in KextsToPatch for 10.12.x the comment is to change 15 port limit to 30 while for 10.13.x it's change 15 port limit to 26. Am I to disable or remove the 10.12.x patch as well?

Thanks for everything.

UPDATE: I went ahead and disabled the 10.12.x patch and the one port that wouldn't recognize any USB 3.0 device now recognizes a USB 3.0 flash drive. However, neither of the two ports below my PS/2 port (SS05, SS06) will recognize my USB 3.0 external hard drive. Note, this external is not powered over USB but from the wall. This device is also recognized on all other 4 USB 3.0 ports.

Last edited:
Thanks for this outstanding guide @RehabMan. Excellent work, as usual. I found this guide in search of a problem I had after upgrading to High Sierra the other day. None of my USB 3.0 devices were working. Walking through this guide revealed to me that I never did a KextsToPatch for 10.13.x. Once I got to that point in your guide I went ahead and rebooted and at least my USB 3 devices are working again. However, the issue I have now, discovered after continuing through your guide to make a custom SSDT, is that one of my USB 3.0 ports will not recognize a 3.0 device AT ALL while another port will recognize USB 3.0 flash drives but not my external hard drive....weird. Both of these ports are located on the same spot on the motherboard, right below by PS/2 port. I don't know if continuing with a custom SSDT will correct this or not but I wanted to ask before proceeding.

One other thing I noticed is that in KextsToPatch for 10.12.x the comment is to change 15 port limit to 30 while for 10.13.x it's change 15 port limit to 26. Am I to disable or remove the 10.12.x patch as well?

Thanks for everything.

UPDATE: I went ahead and disabled the 10.12.x patch and the one port that wouldn't recognize any USB 3.0 device now recognizes a USB 3.0 flash drive. However, neither of the two ports below my PS/2 port (SS05, SS06) will recognize my USB 3.0 external hard drive. Note, this external is not powered over USB but from the wall. This device is also recognized on all other 4 USB 3.0 ports.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Forgive me. I wasn't sure exactly what to do considering your OP is in the laptop section as is the Problem Reporting. I'm on a desktop. Not sure if that's relevant to the info you mentioned in the faq. Like I said, I just googled searched my issue and this post came up. If I need to be pointed to a different area to continue that's fine

Forgive me. I wasn't sure exactly what to do considering your OP is in the laptop section as is the Problem Reporting. I'm on a desktop. Not sure if that's relevant to the info you mentioned in the faq. Like I said, I just googled searched my issue and this post came up. If I need to be pointed to a different area to continue that's fine

As per post #1, same problem reporting requirements regardless of laptop vs. desktop.

As per post #1, this topic does not cover ports connected to Thunderbolt.
Your results with Thunderbolt are typical.
Thunderbolt3 will not work in Hackintosh?

Back