Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

HS04 and HS05 are marked UsbConnector=3. It means they should have an associated SSxx port for each.
If these hubs in the monitor are USB2 only, then the ioreg makes sense.
But if the hubs are USB3 hubs, then something is wrong (because otherwise, we would see the hubs on each SSxx port associated with HS04/HS05).

No, it's an older monitor (and a very old printer/scanner). The hubs are USB2 only. Thank you for confirming that I'm all set. That was quite a journey. Thank you again.

No, it's an older monitor (and a very old printer/scanner). The hubs are USB2 only. Thank you for confirming that I'm all set. That was quite a journey. Thank you again.

You're welcome.

Ports not being injected, can't see any of my USB3 devices.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 13.20.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 13.20.11.png
    638 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
how is that laptop related?
its not, but if you need help, then we need to see the problem reporting files as mentioned in post 1 of this guide

how is that laptop related?
you don't post in the other thread, you go to that thread to see what problem reporting files are, then post here with your files :)

also from the guide:
install USBInjectAll.kext (install to the system volume)

Fixed it by realising that each patch is for a different OS version. I replaced the wrong patches and every thing works now.
Now its time to configure my ports.

By the way, at GitHub for USBinjectall,kext it says that the best way is for a custom injector, the second way is an SSDT.
What is this custom injector being spoken of? there is no father mention about this... did i miss it?
maybe you could point me out to the obvious?

This is what im referring to :
Without a custom configuration, it is not intended that this kext be used long term. It is best to create a custom injector containing only the ports that are active on the target machine, or to create an SSDT that customizes the port injection done by USBInjectAll.kext. Customizing USBInjectAll.kext with an SSDT is covered later in this README.

Just to confirm.
Using an SSDT does not require any further use of both DSDT and Kernel patches is that right?
and using a custom injector does not require mentioned above as well as USBinjectall.kext?

Last edited:
Fixed it by realising that each patch is for a different OS version. I replaced the wrong patches and every thing works now.
Now its time to configure my ports.

By the way, at GitHub for USBinjectall,kext it says that the best way is for a custom injector, the second way is an SSDT.
What is this custom injector being spoken of? there is no father mention about this... did i miss it?
maybe you could point me out to the obvious?

This is what im referring to :

Just to confirm.
Using an SSDT does not require any further use of both DSDT and Kernel patches is that right?
and using a custom injector does not require mentioned above as well as USBinjectall.kext?

As per readme, there is no preference given to custom injector kext or SSDT with USBInjectAll.kext. You are reading something into the text that isn't there.

Custom injectors are covered here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I don't cover creating the injectors, because I think creating the SSDT is easier and results in better "documentation".

Back