Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Attached below as well as in the original post. Sorry about that!

Assuming you have 4 USB3 ports (shown as SS02, SS04, SS05, SS06), this discovery looks ok.
SS01 is not used.

Assuming you have 4 USB3 ports (shown as SS02, SS04, SS05, SS06), this discovery looks ok.
SS01 is not used.

I have 5 usb3 ports. HS01 is showing up as usb2 but it is a port connected to a usb3 plug internally on the motherboard. So I'm not sure why it's not showing up as SS01. Also, do you have any idea why my usb speeds are so slow?

I have 5 usb3 ports. HS01 is showing up as usb2 but it is a port connected to a usb3 plug internally on the motherboard. So I'm not sure why it's not showing up as SS01. Also, do you have any idea why my usb speeds are so slow?

If when you plug a USB3 device into the same port associated with HS01 (when using USB2 device) and it is not lighting up any SSxx port, then you may have a defective port. Check in Windows.

If when you plug a USB3 device into the same port associated with HS01 (when using USB2 device) and it is not lighting up any SSxx port, then you may have a defective port. Check in Windows.
Ok thank you! Any speed suggestions or ways to debug that?

Ok thank you! Any speed suggestions or ways to debug that?

Don't put the cart before the horse.
First you must configure your USB correctly before worrying about any speed issues.

Windows testing here we go.

Use Device Manager to determine where various devices you're plugging in are actually connected.

Use Device Manager to determine where various devices you're plugging in are actually connected.

I don't know why I thought it would be super easy to figure out physical ports in Windows. I don't know windows. Any suggestions?

I don't know why I thought it would be super easy to figure out physical ports in Windows. I don't know windows. Any suggestions?

Poke around in Device Manager and learn...

Back