CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I updated to 10.14.4 after backing up, and the usb 3.0 doesn't work again. From what I read, if the SSDT was successful that should not be the case. Can someone please double check my work
in clover/kexts/other you have a usbports kext and also using SSDT-UIAC in patched folder

you need to pick one

also you have a dsl file in patched folder, that should be saved as an .aml via macIASL

Motherboard
Asus Z390 Prime-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580 & WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
in clover/kexts/other you have a usbports kext and also using SSDT-UIAC in patched folder

you need to pick one

also you have a dsl file in patched folder, that should be saved as an .aml via macIASL
Thanks for your time Feartech. Otherwise everything is looking good right?

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried USB port patching with USBports.kext that I created with Hackintool, where I identified my active ports and eliminated the rest. I was able to reduce the number of ports to four but all drives still failed to mount volumes. I got rid of the kext and tried running the SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml files created with Hackintool in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched with no luck. I can't really afford to put any more time into this. After eight years of running a custom mac I have to bow out. For me the effort is exceeding the benefit. I need to do things with my mac not work on it all the time. I will monitor the hackintosh scene to see if any developments warrant my returning.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for your time Feartech. Otherwise everything is looking good right?
to be honest i didn't check much else, although you may want to have a read:

Thank you so much for putting all this information together. Worked absolutely perfectly. You are a legend.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi,

I was not able to add my build signature so I have included my build below.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero (Z97)
Processor: Intel i7-4790K
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics.

I have followed every line in the tutorial and re-checked each port manually but for some reasons, the custom SSDT file won't load.

I have the following Kext installed.

I have also attached the SSDT file that I created using your template file.

Here is the report from IORegistryExplorer after installing the custom SSDT file.

I would be very thankful if someone can help me figure out the issue. I have been trying to fix this for weeks.

Thanks

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS H110i+csm
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
GTX760
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
thank you very much for the detailed writeup, RehabMan. after a bit of a struggle, I have found success with all except one of my front ports, which only works with usb3. for some reason I couldn't get it to work with usb2, even when I disabled all of the SS ports to stay under the limit during my identification process. it's no big deal, I'm happy enough with my 6 usb3 ports, 2 usb2 ports, and 2 usb3.1 ports.

the only question I have is this. is usb3.1 supported natively in macOS (Mojave)? they are working fine, just curious.

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1
CPU
E5-1620-V3
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 960 OC 2GB
I have followed every line in the tutorial and re-checked each port manually but for some reasons, the custom SSDT file won't load.
Hi Subbame. Did you have any success? I am facing the same issue where it appears that my SSDT file is not being read.

For reference, I have uploaded my files here, in this thread.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600