CPU
Intel i7 6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have no idea how you guys can follow these directions, I must be a total idiot or this guide is only for pros. I can't even make it past preparation for port discovery. For instance, I have IOreg up and I'm just plugging in my mouse and nothing is happening. Where am I supposed to be seeing "new objects in green" for instance? What the hell is a NUC6i7KYK and how does that relate to me? The whole thing seems like a mess, no matter how slowly (or how many times) I read.

I just want to backup my files with an external drive, and I'm afraid I can't even do that because I will ruin my system trying to follow this guide.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
CPU
i3-7350K OC 4.5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
iOS
Best suggestion to solve the backup problem (and keep from breaking stuff) is to try Carbon Copy Cloner.

As far as the guide, the Nuk is an Intel small device. It's an example. The guide shows how to use USBInjectAll to open up all the ports (for better or worse) so you can find the addresses they are on. It's a trial and error really to map them (I'm still in error.) You'll need to get familur with some of the more detailed side of things to map hardware with hackintoshing. It's fun if you like hardware and tinkering.

I have no idea how you guys can follow these directions, I must be a total idiot or this guide is only for pros. I can't even make it past preparation for port discovery. For instance, I have IOreg up and I'm just plugging in my mouse and nothing is happening. Where am I supposed to be seeing "new objects in green" for instance? What the hell is a NUC6i7KYK and how does that relate to me? The whole thing seems like a mess, no matter how slowly (or how many times) I read.

I just want to backup my files with an external drive, and I'm afraid I can't even do that because I will ruin my system trying to follow this guide.

Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 4
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Could I just use an SSDT that somebody has already created for my WiFi card (DW1830)? Or is it dependent on my exact system specs???

Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 4
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS

I can agree that this guide is near impossible for me to follow as well. I am about to give up on fixing my bluetooth...

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Could I just use an SSDT that somebody has already created for my WiFi card (DW1830)? Or is it dependent on my exact system specs???
you have to create your own, unless someone has the same motherboard and card that you have

Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 4
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
you have to create your own, unless someone has the same motherboard and card that you have
Okay. Thanks. Is there maybe a simpler or more dumbed down guide for doing this? Possibly a video?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Okay. Thanks. Is there maybe a simpler or more dumbed down guide for doing this? Possibly a video?
not sure of any videos, it looks complex at first but after you have read it a few times and start the process, it is quite easy

Motherboard
MSI z370 Gaming pro carbon
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
MSI Gaming X 1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
I need help to create my ssdt file.
I have a msi z370 gaming pro carbon motherboard
I have tested all the doors and this is the result:
Internal doors 2.0
HS07 - HS08
HS11 - HS12
Internal doors 3.1
HS05 / SS01 - HS06 / SS02
HS03 / SS03 - HS04 / SS04
External doors only 2.0
HS09
HS10
External doors 3.1
HS01 / SS07
HS02 / SS08
HS13 / SS06
HS14 / SS05
3.1 external ports connected to ASMedia-ASM3142:
RP05 ----> SSS2 / HSS2 Type A
RP05 ----> SSS1 / HSS1 Type C

As I have to proceed, my processor is an 8700K. My main question is with the ports connected to the ASMedia chipset even if it is detected in the PCI0 tree. And a correct file for my ID.

P.s. my XHC device- ID is <af a2 00 00>

Last edited:
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD-530 / GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for this guide. just finished it and looks like it is all working with my z170-gaming7 motherboard.
Now next step is to figure out why sleep is not working

Update
I was able to figure out what caused the sleep issue.
I am using a h115i CPU cooler from corsair. This one is connected via usb to the mb.
I made a new SSDT where I also disable that USB port, in my case HS10, and now sleep is finally working :)
I was using this Hackintosh for 2 years with no working sleep. Feeling super excited and thankful for this helpful community here.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-D3H M-ATX
CPU
Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi @RehabMan,
I did the process as described but ioreg still shows all the ports even after removing them with the custom SSDT. I am not sure what to do to fix this issue. Kexts are stored in L/E.
Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited: