Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I have a question @RehabMan, and I apologize if by any chance it's been asked before.

Once somebody creates a custom SSDT for a certain motherboard, that SSDT is valid for the *model* or for that person's motherboard only?

I ask this because I found some threads here where people have created SSDT's for the same motherboard I have, and I am unsure whether I can use that one or need to create my own...

Different cases with their own interface options could cause enough change to make them a poor substitute for creating your own. Furthermore, a user may have disabled certain USB ports that they felt they didn't need but you do to get under the 15 port limit. And vice versa. For example, in someone's SSDT they might not have wireless and have disabled it or they do and you don't despite having the same board.

I highly advise making your own and only using the others as reference if needed.

Hi @RehabMan
Attached is the debug file generated by gen_degub script.
I followed your guide and create a custom SSDT for my USB.
I also followed your guide for proper USB power injection.
My issues are:
USB ports works randomly and I suspect not at full speed. Also, after trying to mount n apple Superdrive which refuses to work asking for power, from that point I have sudden shutdowns or restarts especially after sleep.
Before that, I was happy to have a fully working sleep and deep sleep also.

Regards
SAK

Attachments

• debug_1289.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
I apologize if this has been asked before. I've been successful in documenting all my ports, but there are a total of 20 and I've gathered from this thread if I want a stable system I should reduce that to 15 or less rather than implementing the port limit patch.

If a USB 3 hub is plugged into a USB3 port do I need to activate the HSXX port for that connector? Will a USB 2 device plugged into that hub be seen?

Hi @RehabMan, I'm trying to create a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, but when I install the kext, my USB ports won't work anymore (except for mouse). When I insert a USB key, MacOS says "USB Accessory Needs Power". So I cannot proceed any further.
Here is my report from gen_debug.sh
Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_3694.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan, I'm trying to create a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, but when I install the kext, my USB ports won't work anymore. When I insert a USB key, MacOS says "USB Accessory Needs Power". So I cannot proceed any further.
Here is my report from gen_debug.sh
Thank you.
try changing your smbios, maybe macbookpro11,1

try changing your smbios, maybe macbookpro11,1
I tried macbookpro10,2 and macbookpro11,1. It has no effect on my issue.
My laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T530 - i5 3320M - Intel HD4000

Has anyone worked with a Gigabyte Z270M-D3H? I'm working through some of the USB3 back ports. I'm using iMac 14,1 and USBInjectAll to attempt to see the ports. Looks like only USB2 will even show up in IOReg. When I plug a device in a 3.0 port or the USB-C port, I never see the device. If I'm seeing this correctly, it appears there are 12 ports on this board 9 under the 15 port limit.)

Attachments

• debug_23980.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Ok I checked and I in fact have 14,2. I did compile my native DSDT and place in patched as well.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 4.20 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 133.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

You should be using iMac14,2 with a discrete graphics card. 14,1 is for on-board graphics.

Back