- Nov 24, 2016
- GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
- i5 6600
- HD 530
I have gone through the post #1 all the way to the IORegistry Explorer bit where the port investigation begins. I have downloaded the IOreg app and tested it. But I am not sure regarding the requirements. There are too many "if's" which I can't answer since I don't know what they even mean.Suggest you walk through the guide in post #1.
I am applying these patches to a config.plist file on my desktop. I will give it a go this weekend given the fact that I have an external bootable drive at hand, just in case things go hairy.- EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 rename (in config.plist), if applicable (your chipset may not have EHCI, or it may be disabled)
- XHCI controller must be named XHC or XHCI (for most PCs it is default XHC)
- install USBInjectAll.kext (install to the system volume)
- if you plan to use it, install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. FakePCIID_XHCIMux only applicable if you have enabled EHCI controller(s).
- if you have an existing SSDT for USBInjectAll, use -uia_ignore_rmcf
- XHCI injector kext, if required (XHCI-unsupported.kext)