CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
If port limit patch is in config.plist before SSDT do I remove it before/after implementing SSDT?
This guide does not use a port limit patch. Not before, not during, not after. You should remove it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This guide does not use a port limit patch. Not before, not during, not after. You should remove it.
Thank you, what I figured but had to ask

Motherboard
Asus Z87-Plus
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
GTX 960
Hi RehabMan and All,

I am trying to understand a few different things here all at once.

My mobo has:
  • ASMedia 107x hub (4x USB 3.0)
  • Intel with 4x USB 3.0 and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
Since there are a lot of ports I don't use I disabled them in Bios.

USBInjectAll - would let me see ALL of the ports in one go.

Without any other kexts I could see 14 HSxx ports, and one single SSxx port (15 port limit)

Since there's too many ports, I used uia_exclude_hs switch. It revealed the the 6 SSxx ports.

But how do I know if I really need the below 3 kexts?
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext (I only tried this cos of the ASMedia hub)

I don't think I need the ports to be moved under EHCx and named PRxx or HPxx.

If all looks good, can I just leave out EHC renaming as well as the above 3 kexts, and just use my custom AML config with the appropriate few HS and SS ports in use?

I might even disable the ASMedia ports as well, if there's no good and reliable way to make them work. They do accomodate my mouse and keyboard at the moment. Knock on wood.

Thank you.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi RehabMan and All,

I am trying to understand a few different things here all at once.

My mobo has:
  • ASMedia 107x hub (4x USB 3.0)
  • Intel with 4x USB 3.0 and 8 USB 2.0 ports.
Since there are a lot of ports I don't use I disabled them in Bios.

USBInjectAll - would let me see ALL of the ports in one go.

Without any other kexts I could see 14 HSxx ports, and one single SSxx port (15 port limit)

Since there's too many ports, I used uia_exclude_hs switch. It revealed the the 6 SSxx ports.

But how do I know if I really need the below 3 kexts?
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext (I only tried this cos of the ASMedia hub)

I don't think I need the ports to be moved under EHCx and named PRxx or HPxx.

If all looks good, can I just leave out EHC renaming as well as the above 3 kexts, and just use my custom AML config with the appropriate few HS and SS ports in use?

I might even disable the ASMedia ports as well, if there's no good and reliable way to make them work. They do accomodate my mouse and keyboard at the moment. Knock on wood.

Thank you.
For the hardware in your profile, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is optional. Really your choice. Similar to the guide in post #1 where I walk through the process both ways with my u430.

Personally, I prefer to keep EHCI disabled and keep everything on XHC when possible (8 or 9 series chipset).

ASMedia hubs are not part of this guide.
GenericUSBXHCI is not part of this guide.

Motherboard
Lenovo LNVNB161216
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630/GTX 1050Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
@RehabMan Am I right that there are just HS01-HS14 and USR1 and no SSxx ports in my XHC to deal with?
What is with EH01/EH02 and PRxx in my IOreg? Can I delete these entries in the custom SSDT?

Thanks!

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
After you have copied the SSDT to ACPI/patched,
After copying to ACPI/patched, does one restart to have the SSDT take effect (also remove/disable port limit patch)? Also as suggested, removed extra hub and extraneous unused USR I have the list down to 15.
Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 11.33.41 AM.png

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@RehabMan Am I right that there are just HS01-HS14 and USR1 and no SSxx ports in my XHC to deal with?
Wrong.
You're seeing the effect of the 15-port limit.

Install USBInjectAll.kext, and boot with -uia_exclude_hs (as per guide) and you'll see that the SSxx were eliminated due to the 15-port limit.

What is with EH01/EH02 and PRxx in my IOreg? Can I delete these entries in the custom SSDT?
Non-existant, and not expected with 100-series and later chipsets.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
After copying to ACPI/patched, does one restart to have the SSDT take effect
Yes of course.

(also remove/disable port limit patch)? Also as suggested, removed extra hub and extraneous unused USR I have the list down to 15.
View attachment 364659
Assuming your XHC device is 0xa2af, this looks ok, but your UsbConnector values are off somewhere.
There should be an *equal* number of HSxx and SSxx with UsbConnector=3 (you have 6x SSxx/4x HSxx).

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes of course.

Assuming your XHC device is 0xa2af, this looks ok, but your UsbConnector values are off somewhere.
There should be an *equal* number of HSxx and SSxx with UsbConnector=3 (you have 6x SSxx/4x HSxx).
Yes and for some reason, SS07 is not showing in IO Reg. Even though it is in SSDT-UIAC.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 560
This has been on my todo list for a long time, but haven't had time to do this. Stupid question before I start.

My motherboard has internal USB3.1 connector with two ports, front panel cable is attached into it. Front panel has only power button and power led, no USB. Can I disable USB from this internal connector or do I lose power from the power button and power led?