Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

IORegistryExplorer doesn't show any devices connected to XHC no matter what I do, and there is no EH0x/EHCx in there or in my DSDT either.
View attachment 357891

You should NOT be using the 'search box'. You will note that the guide does not instruct you to use it anywhere in the text.

Ok just when I thought I had a grasp on this so my system has to be 255 then.Bless

Ok just when I thought I had a grasp on this so my system has to be 255 then.Bless

As per guide, all controller ports connected to internal devices should be UsbConnector=255.
And hub ports connected to internal devices are portType=2.

Honestly I thought that the Rear would have been Normal ports (3) since it's USB3, same goes for USB2 (0) and only those that are connected the a MB header would be Internal 255.I'll have to re-read a few times to wrap my head around it...

In any case do you have any suggestion as to what could be cause the mouse and keyboard stops as post # 2281/2283 described.Also what would you suggest I do for my X58 system, just use GenericUSBXHCI.kext in place of USBInjectAll.kext and do just as I did for Z77 to create a SSDT-UIAC? or Port limit patch/GenericUSBXHCI.kext and be done with it sine that board has 2 NEC ports which is a no go past 10.10 I believe.Next month I plan to get a Inateck 2-Port PCI-E so better I wait and then do the SSDT?Bless

Honestly I thought that the Rear would have been Normal ports (3) since it's USB3, same goes for USB2 (0) and only those that are connected the a MB header would be Internal 255.I'll have to re-read a few times to wrap my head around it...

Your motherboard obviously has a built-in hub in between those ports and the controller.
It is not uncommon.

In any case do you have any suggestion as to what could be cause the mouse and keyboard stops as post # 2281/2283

You need to fix the mistakes already identified.

I already changed the values to 255 but it still happens.

Attached.Bless

Attachments

• debug_2619.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 59
Attached.Bless

HP15 should be portType=2 as it is internal (unless it is a BT dongle you have plugged in).
And you really have all 8 ports on the PR11 hub (HP11->HP18)?
Same question for the 6 ports on PR21 hub (HP21->HP26).
Inactive/disconnected ports should be eliminated.

And the hubs at HP25 and HP26 are associated with the SSP7/SSP8, right?
So, they are internal devices and therefore should be marked portType=2.

Also, your SMBIOS choice is causing a few extra injects: PRT1,PRT3,PRT8. Fixing that requires patching/changing the Info.plist in Apple provided kext AppleUSBHub.kext.

But you didn't really mention what the issue is you're trying to solve.

HP15 should be portType=2 as it is internal (unless it is a BT dongle you have plugged in).
And you really have all 8 ports on the PR11 hub (HP11->HP18)?
Same question for the 6 ports on PR21 hub (HP21->HP26).
Inactive/disconnected ports should be eliminated.

HP15/16 are 2 USB2 ports that's connected the a MB Header in Front of Case (PR11).HP15 is an IOGEAR Bluetooth Dongle.HP16 is a Logitech USB Receiver for Keyboard Mouse.PR11 hub (HP11->HP18) was not here before I changed to 255 I believe.
PR21 are the 2 Rear ports on the MB one of which has a Apple Wired Keyboard that has 2 USB ports on it.(Just for Testing.)That is HP25/26.

And the hubs at HP25 and HP26 are associated with the SSP7/SSP8, right?
So, they are internal devices and therefore should be marked portType=2.
No,explained above.

Also, your SMBIOS choice is causing a few extra injects: PRT1,PRT3,PRT8. Fixing that requires patching/changing the Info.plist in Apple provided kext AppleUSBHub.kext.

Those PRT1-3 came up when I insert a USB2 stick into the USB3 ports at the rear.That is the reason my SSDT is the way it is because I saw those PRT come up but the UIAC-ALL had no trace of that.I choose 13,2 since that is closest matching to what Apple Offered at the time, what should I move to 14,1,2?I Have no idea how to apply that patch, any links?
But you didn't really mention what the issue is you're trying to solve.
I did,refer to my earlier post but in any case seems like my SSDT is screwed up right?Jeez this is frustrating....
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "UIAC-ALL", 0)
{
    Device(UIAC)
    {
        Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
        {       
            "EH01", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "PR11", Package() // Front USB2