Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I did a fresh install of Mojave...would my High Sierra DSDT still work or do I start over?

It depends on the nature of the patches you made to DSDT.

There is no issue with port limits on 7-series (the max number of ports on XHC is well under 15).
So what exactly does that mean for me no need for a patch?
Your ioreg "nothing plugged" shows USB hubs at HP25/HP26/SSP7/SSP8. So, either those are built-in or you plugged more than "nothing".
As the end stated only a mouse (Logitech Performance mx) so I guess it's built in.

The MaciASL used by this guide is available here: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/
Make sure you have ACPI 6.1 selected in MaciASL->Preferences->iASL.

I am probably overlooking something simple:
full

@RehabMan How've you been? Finally getting around to making my custom SSDT for the USBInjectAll.kext. Followed your guide and read through the full thread trying to self troubleshoot. The custom SSDT isn't configuring the USBInjectAll.kext. My SSDT should be correct, any ideas? Problem reporting files attached.

Only using XHC
Disabled the EHCI controller
Added entry in config.plist sorted order
Tried renaming LPCB to LPC

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
@RehabMan How've you been? Finally getting around to making my custom SSDT for the USBInjectAll.kext. Followed your guide and read through the full thread trying to self troubleshoot. The custom SSDT isn't configuring the USBInjectAll.kext. My SSDT should be correct, any ideas? Problem reporting files attached.

Only using XHC
Disabled the EHCI controller
Added entry in config.plist sorted order
Tried renaming LPCB to LPC

Your custom SSDT is SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched.
config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder does not list it, therefore it is not loaded.

@RehabMan

Would you be kind enough to help me?

I am trying to create custom SSDT, I'm running 10.13.6 and hardware is in profile.

This is what I have done so far:

1. Port discovery as per your guide
2. Edited your SSDT-UIAC-ALL template to match my hardware, keeping within 15 port limit - attached is the SSDT-UIAC.aml file I created in MacIASL
3. Placed SSDT-UIAC.aml file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
4. Removed port limit patch

When I reboot, I still see USB ports on XHC that I thought would be removed using the SSDT. I'm quite new to this so no doubt missed a step. I still have your USBInectALL.kext (copy attached) installed in S/L/E which I assume is correct?

Edit - Now placed SSDT-UIAC.aml in SortedOrder, rebooted, same result

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
@RehabMan

Would you be kind enough to help me?

I am trying to create custom SSDT, I'm running 10.13.6 and hardware is in profile.

This is what I have done so far:

1. Port discovery as per your guide
2. Edited your SSDT-UIAC-ALL template to match my hardware, keeping within 15 port limit - attached is the SSDT-UIAC.aml file I created in MacIASL
3. Placed SSDT-UIAC.aml file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
4. Removed port limit patch

When I reboot, I still see USB ports on XHC that I thought would be removed using the SSDT. I'm quite new to this so no doubt missed a step. I still have your USBInectALL.kext (copy attached) installed in S/L/E which I assume is correct?

Your XHC device-id is 8086_8c31, but your SSDT-UIAC.aml is coded for 8086_a12f.
(use the 8086_8xxx template, then change 8086_8xxx to 8086_8c31 [optional, but clarifies your intent).

Your XHC device-id is 8086_8c31, but your SSDT-UIAC.aml is coded for 8086_a12f.
(use the 8086_8xxx template, then change 8086_8xxx to 8086_8c31 [optional, but clarifies your intent).

Excellent. Did as you advised and all working correctly. Fixed my sleep problem also. Many thanks.

Back