Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Attachments

• debug_10286.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
Attaching debug. Thanks for any help!

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no function with your hardware. Remove.

No Broadcom BT on the USB bus, just Intel BT. Intel BT must be disabled. Double check your USB connection to the Broadcom. Test it on Windows.

Make sure your SSDT is coded to inject the associated port.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no function with your hardware. Remove.

No Broadcom BT on the USB bus, just Intel BT. Intel BT must be disabled. Double check your USB connection to the Broadcom. Test it on Windows.

Make sure your SSDT is coded to inject the associated port.

Weird. I don't have any other BT devices installed. I did try the IOGear USB BT adapter, but have since removed. Where would the intel adapter be coming from? Also, how would I remove it?

Hello,

I'm having some problem with my bluetooth. I usually use 3 devices (mouse, keyboard and speaker). Sometimes bluetooth just stops working (not after restart or sleep or anything, it just stops). The connection the devices just drop, and couldn't reconnect. Turn off bluetooth while it has the problem is also a 'NO', it would freeze up System Preferences (not responding).

I usually need to restart the thing so it can work properly again. I'm not sure if this problem relates to the topic. But can someone help me check out. PR attached.

Attachments

• debug_10060.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Weird. I don't have any other BT devices installed. I did try the IOGear USB BT adapter, but have since removed. Where would the intel adapter be coming from? Also, how would I remove it?

Looks like there is a m2 slot with the wifi/bt card on this mb. Pulled it and There isn't a BT device detected! I forced the cache reload. Wifi is still working, but BT isn't. Is it because of having the onboard BT already there? Is there a way to reset (without reinstalling)?

You can probably disable your Intel BT (part of your motherboard) in BIOS.
Or just omit that port.

Hello,

I'm having some problem with my bluetooth. I usually use 3 devices (mouse, keyboard and speaker). Sometimes bluetooth just stops working (not after restart or sleep or anything, it just stops). The connection the devices just drop, and couldn't reconnect. Turn off bluetooth while it has the problem is also a 'NO', it would freeze up System Preferences (not responding).

I usually need to restart the thing so it can work properly again. I'm not sure if this problem relates to the topic. But can someone help me check out. PR attached.

Your USB configuration is wrong (you're exceeding the port limit).
Read post #1.

Looks like there is a m2 slot with the wifi/bt card on this mb. Pulled it and There isn't a BT device detected! I forced the cache reload. Wifi is still working, but BT isn't. Is it because of having the onboard BT already there? Is there a way to reset (without reinstalling)?

Make sure you check that a USB header connected to your Broadcom device.
Check that it works in Windows.
Then restart the port discovery process in macOS as per post #1.

Your USB configuration is wrong (you're exceeding the port limit).
Read post #1.

Dang I thought I was able to pass this topic since the bluetooth works quite well (all the write-ups look intimidating)
Will give this a try. Thanks.

Dang I thought I was able to pass this topic since the bluetooth works quite well (all the write-ups look intimidating)
Will give this a try. Thanks.

One of the huge reasons for doing a proper custom SSDT for USB is power management related. By default, USBInjectAll.kext injects 26 ports, which covers practically any motherboard suitable for Hackintoshing. Apple's limit is 15 ports per controller before things start getting weird. For example, my Hackintosh would not sleep at all until I did my own SSDT. RehabMan's guide may seem intimidating, but it is very well written and it covers practically everything.

USBInjectAll is great for port discovery. But after that, you really should do a custom SSDT to get things working 100% correctly.

Back