Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I re-did the port discovery and sure enough, they were there this time. Adding new .dsl file.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    2.9 KB · Views: 79
I re-did the port discovery and sure enough, they were there this time. Adding new .dsl file.
you have HS09, 10 and 11 as usb 3 but not SS ports for those? are they usb2.0 ?

Thanks for the pointer. I've tried it with 0, 3, and 255 without luck. But I retested it with 255 and added the .dsl file to my first post.

One problem I noticed here (on your attached .dsl file) is that you only have your HSxx (USB 2.0) ports defined. A Z270 motherboard should also have USB 3.0 ports as well, in which case you'll need to define your SSxx ports in the .dsl file, too. Otherwise, USB 3.0 will not work on those ports at all.

Finally, the port count (which is currently defined as 26 by default) should be set equal to your highest numbered SSxx port.

New-ish to hackintosh. I've got everything working except for the bluetooth on my broadcom pcie card (wifi works fine). My guess is that it's something with the usb ssdt setup. Followed the guide and hoping someone can take a look at my plist (or any other files you need).

Let me know if there's anything else that'll help troubleshoot. Appreciate it!

Edit: added dsl file.

Kind of a dumb question but does it have a USB connector/header on the WiFi card that's connected to either a standard USB connector or a USB header on the MB?

Kind of a dumb question but does it have a USB connector/header on the WiFi card that's connected to either a standard USB connector or a USB header on the MB?
Yea, it does. It's the broadcom pcie card and there's a usb header that connects to the motherboard.

I have seen some SSDT-UIAC files where they put some value like Buffer(0x02), Buffer(0x04) but in your template file it's always without any value like Buffer().

What it is used for and what is correct?

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit RehabMan, based prior PMHeart patch)</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.6</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g32IDw+DpwQAAA==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g32ID5CQkJCQkA==</data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (10.13.6) (credit PMHeart)</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.6</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g32IDw+DpwQAAA==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g32ID5CQkJCQkA==</data>
            </dict>

Why are these two patches same? Is it disabled or changed to 26?

Removed duplicate patch.

New-ish to hackintosh. I've got everything working except for the bluetooth on my broadcom pcie card (wifi works fine). My guess is that it's something with the usb ssdt setup. Followed the guide and hoping someone can take a look at my plist (or any other files you need).

Let me know if there's anything else that'll help troubleshoot. Appreciate it!

Edit: added dsl file.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I have seen some SSDT-UIAC files where they put some value like Buffer(0x02), Buffer(0x04) but in your template file it's always without any value like Buffer().

What it is used for and what is correct?

Unspecified buffer/package sizes allow the compiler to calculate the size, eliminating one source of human error.

Back