Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi Rehabman,

I did all the custom dsdt successfully under iMac 14,2 Profile. When I change it to MacBook Pro 14,1, then ssdt won't work and also port discovering won't work.

How would I do this under my Dell Inspiron 7370 laptop?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Why are you using iMac14,x with your laptop?

Nvm, I solved it with DellSMBIOSPatch under config plist. Thanks for the guide!

Yes, most recent Dell laptops suffer from the SMBIOS truncation bug, and need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true.

Well, thought I did. But now I changed the config.plist.
Now some more ports found my USB stick. But still some of these ports are not able to handle an external HDD (Lack of power? Because in Windows thats working) - And thats Intel Ports.
But I can start the discovery with the USB stick I think. But again: How can I find out if USB3 is working or if the ports are just running with USB2?

Could you find any additional issues on my configuration?

Many thanks!

Your ioreg still proves you didn't apply the port limit patch.
Your config.plist confirms the mistake. Kext patches do not belong in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Kext patches go to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.
You must apply the correct port limit patch in order to properly do port discovery.

With the correct port limit patch, you will find USB3 devices connect to SSxx ports under XHC.
Without it, the SSxx ports are truncated (due the 15 port limit), and such USB3 devices connected to XHC, incorrectly attach to HSxx ports.

Is it possible to make my usb SD card reader recognize as a sdcard but not a usb drive?
Thanks

Your ioreg still proves you didn't apply the port limit patch.
Your config.plist confirms the mistake. Kext patches do not belong in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Kext patches go to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.
You must apply the correct port limit patch in order to properly do port discovery.

With the correct port limit patch, you will find USB3 devices connect to SSxx ports under XHC.
Without it, the SSxx ports are truncated (due the 15 port limit), and such USB3 devices connected to XHC, incorrectly attach to HSxx ports.

Ok, now I can see HS ports and SS ports.

Attachments

• debug_12175.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
Hi RehabMan, I got all my USB ports injected by SSDT correctly . Right now my USB devices will eject when the laptop sleeps. I believe I haven't set all the hibernation correctly for my laptop. However, I feel like the cpu isn't running when the laptop lid is closed.
I have attached my PR files. Thanks

Attachments

• debug_13864.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Right now my USB devices will eject when the laptop sleeps.

It is normal with hacks.
Likely due to the fact that Apple seems to make all USB ports "charging ports" (power retained in sleep), where most PCs do not.
There are solutions for it if you use search/google (scripts that will unmount/remount across sleep/wake cycle).

Off-topic here.

It is normal with hacks.
Likely due to the fact that Apple seems to make all USB ports "charging ports" (power retained in sleep), where most PCs do not.
There are solutions for it if you use search/google (scripts that will unmount/remount across sleep/wake cycle).

Off-topic here.
I know this is off-topic, but how would I check if my laptop is sleeping correctly?

I know this is off-topic, but how would I check if my laptop is sleeping correctly?

Off-topic.
Please quit with the off-topic posts.

Back