Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi RehabMan,
I have successfully installed 10.13.4 on my Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Mobo. Even got the EVGA 1050i Graphics card working but USB 3 and 3.1 aren't working at all. Your tutorial on how to fix it is way over my head. Would you know if there will be easier fixes in the not too far future or can you suggest anything else like might you possibly have an EFI for me that will work? Thanks in advance, Ralf

No easier fixes.
I think you'll find this guide is not that difficult.
Start at the beginning.

ok so i have plugged in a usb3 device and checked ioreg. do you see a problem?

It is working.. device is at XHC.SS08:
Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 7.14.40 AM.png

i got the same board, im running on 10.13.3. usb works but 10 mb a sec only doesn't matter if its usb3 or not. u can have a look at my files above that may help u getting some of it working

Please note that USB flash drives are generally not fast enough to test USB3 (generally not fast enough to saturate USB2).
You need to use fast devices (SSDs, for example) if you expect to test USB3 throughput.

Please note that USB flash drives are generally not fast enough to test USB3 (generally not fast enough to saturate USB2).
You need to use fast devices (SSDs, for example) if you expect to test USB3 throughput.
Banners_and_Alerts_and_William’s_iMac_—_IOService_—_SS07_14c00000.jpg
Blackmagic_Design_Disk_Speed_Test.jpg

There is no way for me to know what kind of device you have plugged in.

Note that 10.13.4 (maybe other versions of 10.13 too) has direct support for your XHC (a2af), so I don't know why you installed XHC-200-series-injector.kext.

Also:
- you didn't implement USB power properties (guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/)
- and even legacy power properties not injected (config.plist/Devices/USB/Inject=true)
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set to "Detect"
- drivers64UEFI should be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariable*.efi
- you should remove all other unnecessary USB devices while testing a USB3 SSD (if that's what you're doing)
- I don't think SSDT-SB-OC.aml has any effect
- ACPI not patched correctly (no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin"). Recommend _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml
- no need for EHCx->EH0x rename patches in config.plist (your hardware has no EHCI controller)
- no need to drop MATS (use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true)
- config.plist/RtVariables/BooterConfig should be 0x28
- wrong SATA drivers loaded... you need SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext

Also, it is possible your issue is device specific... make sure you test/benchmark in a real Mac for comparison.

Hi Rehaman,
I just bought a pcie card bcm943602CS. my machine is ASUS Z97-A +4790K+MSI GTX970, system is high sierra 10.13.4.
I read this thread and followed trying to solve the problem with sleeping.
there are two situations at the end.
1, EH01 EH02 XHC all show usb devices
kexts/other/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext FakePCIID.kext USBInjectAll.kext
patched/dsdt.aml SSDT-UIAC.aml
ends with: EH01 EH02 XHC all show usb devices .
everything works awake. but it will sleep but wake immediately(i think it is not instant wake), I did patched your instant wake patch to dsdt.aml, it works but problem is only power button could wake it, i prefer usb devices to wake it.
2, only USBInjectAll.kext in clover kexts/other folder and /patched/dsdt.aml SSDT-UIAC.aml
ends with: only XHC show usb devices.
it also works good and even sleep problem solved without "instant wake" patched. (i can wake it by mouse or keyboard)
the problem is after wake it, bluetooth will be "not available", I can still see it shows system report usb, Ioregisteryexplorder also show it connected.

can you do me a favor? many thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    64.2 KB · Views: 101
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 103
but it will sleep but wake immediately(i think it is not instant wake), I did patched your instant wake patch to dsdt.aml, it works but problem is only power button could wake it, i prefer usb devices to wake it.

Definitely "instant wake". Proof is you implemented the _PRW patches and it went away...

You might look at your BIOS options, and disable things like "wake on lan", and maybe other options feed into it (I've heard ErP).

It is expected that "wake on USB" is disabled when you implement _PRW changes...

2, only USBInjectAll.kext in clover kexts/other folder and /patched/dsdt.aml SSDT-UIAC.aml
ends with: only XHC show usb devices.
it also works good and even sleep problem solved without "instant wake" patched. (i can wake it by mouse or keyboard)
the problem is after wake it, bluetooth will be "not available", I can still see it shows system report usb, Ioregisteryexplorder also show it connected.

can you do me a favor? many thanks.

It is your choice to use (or not use) FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
Both scenarios are covered in post #1.

If you don't use FakePCIID_XHCIMux, you should make sure xHCI mode in BIOS is set "enabled" (not "auto" or "smart auto").

Definitely "instant wake". Proof is you implemented the _PRW patches and it went away...

You might look at your BIOS options, and disable things like "wake on lan", and maybe other options feed into it (I've heard ErP).

It is expected that "wake on USB" is disabled when you implement _PRW changes...

It is your choice to use (or not use) FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
Both scenarios are covered in post #1.

If you don't use FakePCIID_XHCIMux, you should make sure xHCI mode in BIOS is set "enabled" (not "auto" or "smart auto").
Thank you for fast reply.
I did as you told.
:USBInjectAll.kext in clover kexts/other folder and /patched/dsdt.aml SSDT-UIAC.aml with XHCI enabled (not "auto" or "smart auto")

And i found a interesting thing : Every second wake from sleep, bluetooth will back to be available.
also i notice bluetooth will disconnect on sleep and connect again when awake. (it shows built-in in system report)
is that normal?

Attachments

• second.png
    second.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 82
  • first.png
    first.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 84
  • before.png
    before.png
    271.2 KB · Views: 85
Thank you for fast reply.
I did as you told.
:USBInjectAll.kext in clover kexts/other folder and /patched/dsdt.aml SSDT-UIAC.aml with XHCI enabled (not "auto" or "smart auto")

And i found a interesting thing : Every second wake from sleep, bluetooth will back to be available.
also i notice bluetooth will disconnect on sleep and connect again when awake. (it shows built-in in system report)
is that normal?

Not possible to provide anything but guesses without PR files...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back