Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Your USB port configuration looks correct. Other bluetooth issues off-topic here.
Thank you ! I'm an idiot. The problem was that the antennas were not connected.

You did not enter the port limit patch correctly.
Use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro), then use copy/paste to copy the patch from config_patches.plist.

Okay, I finally got a chance to work on this again. I copied and pasted from Xcode to my config.plist and its still not recognizing my usb3 ports. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that I only need the one section that relates to 10.13.4

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (credit FredWst)</string>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.4</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g32UDw+DlwQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g32UGg+DlwQ=</data>
</dict>

file is attached. it does include the port rename stuff also.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 185
  • KEVIN’s iMac.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 88
You did not enter the port limit patch correctly.
Use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro), then use copy/paste to copy the patch from config_patches.plist.

Thanks to RehabMan and all the others who provide help here. I now have all of my ports working and successfully created my SSDT. Lots of great advice and tools here, much appreciated!

Okay, I finally got a chance to work on this again. I copied and pasted from Xcode to my config.plist and its still not recognizing my usb3 ports. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that I only need the one section that relates to 10.13.4

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (credit FredWst)</string>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.4</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g32UDw+DlwQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g32UGg+DlwQ=</data>
</dict>

file is attached. it does include the port rename stuff also.

You entered the patch incorrectly.

Thanks to RehabMan and all the others who provide help here. I now have all of my ports working and successfully created my SSDT. Lots of great advice and tools here, much appreciated!

Nice to see you have it working now...

Hi RehabMan, Thanks to your guide, I was able to to configure my USB ports except for the rear USB3.1 & USB-C Gen2 ports which are the only ones that are giving me problems (Disk Not Ejected Properly...No Shutdown etc). All USB2/3 ports are working fine now.

I was wondering if I can configure these last two ports that it might help. The problem is I don't know how to address them in the SSDT patch. During the port discovery step..these ports didn't show up under the SSXX/HSXX tree in iOReg. They showed up under "AppleUSB30XHCIPort" (see photo).

How should these be coded in the patch? Somebody mentioned that USB-C should be "10"..not sure about USB3.1

usb31.jpg

Hi RehabMan, Thanks to your guide, I was able to to configure my USB ports except for the rear USB3.1 & USB-C Gen2 ports which are the only ones that are giving me problems (Disk Not Ejected Properly...No Shutdown etc). All USB2/3 ports are working fine now.

I was wondering if I can configure these last two ports that it might help. The problem is I don't know how to address them in the SSDT patch. During the port discovery step..these ports didn't show up under the SSXX/HSXX tree in iOReg. They showed up under "AppleUSB30XHCIPort" (see photo).

How should these be coded in the patch? Somebody mentioned that USB-C should be "10"..not sure about USB3.1

View attachment 331580

This guide does not cover non-Intel xHCI, or Thunderbolt xHCI.

Hi RehabMan,
I have successfully installed 10.13.4 on my Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Mobo. Even got the EVGA 1050i Graphics card working but USB 3 and 3.1 aren't working at all. Your tutorial on how to fix it is way over my head. Would you know if there will be easier fixes in the not too far future or can you suggest anything else like might you possibly have an EFI for me that will work? Thanks in advance, Ralf

No way to diagnose anything if you don't provide a set of problem reporting files that represent the problem scenario.

Or you could look at it in detail yourself. When you plug in a USB3 device, it should connect to an SSxx port in ioreg. If it doesn't, it is a hardware defect, or more likely a mistake in your USB configuration (wrong data in SSDT-UIAC.aml).

ok so i have plugged in a usb3 device and checked ioreg. do you see a problem?

Attachments

• debug_13119.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
Hi RehabMan,
I have successfully installed 10.13.4 on my Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Mobo. Even got the EVGA 1050i Graphics card working but USB 3 and 3.1 aren't working at all. Your tutorial on how to fix it is way over my head. Would you know if there will be easier fixes in the not too far future or can you suggest anything else like might you possibly have an EFI for me that will work? Thanks in advance, Ralf
i got the same board, im running on 10.13.3. usb works but 10 mb a sec only doesn't matter if its usb3 or not. u can have a look at my files above that may help u getting some of it working

Back