Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

The ioreg you attached shows no such USB storage device connected.

I've plugged the Sony XQD memory card 3.0 reader into HP17 then removed it and plugged into SSP6, then exported a new Ioregistryexplorer file and attached to this post. The card reader shows up in finder on HP17 but not SSP6.

The Seagate 4TB External hard drive is plugged into SSP5 which shows under XHC and I also see it under AppleUSBHostResources, BUP BK@143000000. But as mentioned, it seems to only work at USB 2 transfer speeds.

Anything you can see that might be messed up on my end here?

thanks rehabman!

Attachments

• macx86’s iMac.zip
    581.8 KB · Views: 99
I've plugged the Sony XQD memory card 3.0 reader into HP17 then removed it and plugged into SSP6, then exported a new Ioregistryexplorer file and attached to this post. The card reader shows up in finder on HP17 but not SSP6.

The Seagate 4TB External hard drive is plugged into SSP5 which shows under XHC and I also see it under AppleUSBHostResources, BUP BK@143000000. But as mentioned, it seems to only work at USB 2 transfer speeds.

Anything you can see that might be messed up on my end here?

thanks rehabman!

HDDs are not fast... barely able to read USB2 speeds, let alone USB3.

As far as the USB3 card reader, it could be a device specific problem (assuming you plugged it to the same USB3 port).

Note that you forgot to implement USB power properties:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Hey @RehabMan I was just reading through the recent posts by users interacting with you on this thread, and I have also disabled the EHC bus (EH01, EH02). Now since I don't have the two hubs (HUB1, HUB2) showing up on my ioreg, should I remove all references to EH01, EH02 and HUB1, HUB2 in my SSDT-UIAC.aml as well, or do I let them be?

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg.zip
    999.4 KB · Views: 89
Can a 300 series motherboard
Still have a XHCI controller
a2af-8086?
(Which is used for 200 series?)
And not a a36d-8086

And would you then need to use injector xhci 200.kext
Instead of injector xhci300.kext?

I have read the guide a couple of times but I still must be missing something. To be clear, I am working on my i3-7100 running high Sierra. I have everything working except my USB ports. when I plug a usb3 device into the rear ports on my ga-h270n-wifi it is not recognized and does not show up in ioreg. I have mapped all of the USB 2 ports and they are HS03, HS04, HS05, HS06, HS08, HS09, and HS10. I have the USBInjectAll and XHCI-200-series-injector kexts loaded in clover. What am I missing?

Hey @RehabMan I was just reading through the recent posts by users interacting with you on this thread, and I have also disabled the EHC bus (EH01, EH02). Now since I don't have the two hubs (HUB1, HUB2) showing up on my ioreg, should I remove all references to EH01, EH02 and HUB1, HUB2 in my SSDT-UIAC.aml as well, or do I let them be?

No need to configure ports on EHCI if it is not present.

Can a 300 series motherboard
Still have a XHCI controller
a2af-8086?
(Which is used for 200 series?)
And not a a36d-8086

And would you then need to use injector xhci 200.kext
Instead of injector xhci300.kext?

Some 300-series boards have the same xHCI controller as 200-series.

I have read the guide a couple of times but I still must be missing something. To be clear, I am working on my i3-7100 running high Sierra. I have everything working except my USB ports. when I plug a usb3 device into the rear ports on my ga-h270n-wifi it is not recognized and does not show up in ioreg. I have mapped all of the USB 2 ports and they are HS03, HS04, HS05, HS06, HS08, HS09, and HS10. I have the USBInjectAll and XHCI-200-series-injector kexts loaded in clover. What am I missing?

You forgot to attach problem reporting files...
But just a guess... you probably forgot to use the (appropriate) port limit patch.

For anybody interested here is the listing of porttypes in ACPI standard,
ACPI_USB porttype.JPG

Back