Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Just posting this in case someone else runs in to the same issue. I created a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, and everything was working great (port mapping, sleep, wake, shutdown etc.) except one thing. After my system woke up from sleep, my cursor became jittery and laggy. Opening up console revealed an infinite loop of the same errors:
Code:
002521.169536 AppleUSB30Hub@14e00000: AppleUSBHub::deviceRequest: resetting due to persistent errors
002521.773318 AppleUSB30HubPort@14e30000: AppleUSB30HubPort::interruptOccurred: clearing change bits failed with 0xe00002d8
002521.867840 SS03@14e00000: AppleUSBHostPort::forcePowerGated: kPowerStateSleep completed with 0xe00002d6 after 1001ms
#ICDebug - 51:{ICWiredBrowser.m} (USB terminate)
002604.733728 AppleUSBHostResources@(null): AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits 150 sleepUnits 0
As it turns out, using an extension cable to connect a non-powered usb 3.0 hub isn't a good idea. After eliminating the extension cable, the issue stopped... I should of known better :shifty:

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hey Rehabman!

Thank you for the guide. Im slowly making headway with this but i do a have question.. Based on my port discovery it seems that i may have 17 ports. Not sure if they all count against the 15 port limit. Was hoping i might ask how to proceed. I will attach my IOREG from my port discovery, also my clover config, and a screenshot of my EFI kexts... Hoping i am doing everything correctly. I am not using the Aura LED controller, its disabled in BIOS but still shows up. Wondering if i can disable via my patch.

Been having issues with my keyboard and mouse not working upon boot. Sometimes i have to unplug and replug them in to get them to work... Hoping to understand this process and fix it.

This is my first post i think. I tried to update my build profile sig but i am not sure it is saving it..

So here is my build spec: i7 8700k, ASUS ROG Maximus hero X, 32GB ram, 2 x NVIDIA 1080ti. OSX 10.13.3 HS

Thank you in advance for any help and insight you might provide!! Thank you for all your hard work!

Best!
Chad

Attachments

• MADCHILLER’s port discovery.ioreg
    24.7 MB · Views: 140
  • config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 3.01.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 3.01.55 PM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Hi guys. I have a problem with USB 2.0 internal HUB.
There are ioreg screenshots from Yosemite:
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_16_35_35.png
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_16_36_18.png

and the same screenshots from High Sierra:
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_21_34_52.png
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_21_35_24.png

I'm using USBInjectAll.kext but unfortunately EH01@1D with my webcam doesn't work properly. I hope you can help me.

Attachments

• debug_8777.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hey Rehabman!

Thank you for the guide. Im slowly making headway with this but i do a have question.. Based on my port discovery it seems that i may have 17 ports. Not sure if they all count against the 15 port limit. Was hoping i might ask how to proceed. I will attach my IOREG from my port discovery, also my clover config, and a screenshot of my EFI kexts... Hoping i am doing everything correctly. I am not using the Aura LED controller, its disabled in BIOS but still shows up. Wondering if i can disable via my patch.

Been having issues with my keyboard and mouse not working upon boot. Sometimes i have to unplug and replug them in to get them to work... Hoping to understand this process and fix it.

This is my first post i think. I tried to update my build profile sig but i am not sure it is saving it..

So here is my build spec: i7 8700k, ASUS ROG Maximus hero X, 32GB ram, 2 x NVIDIA 1080ti. OSX 10.13.3 HS

Thank you in advance for any help and insight you might provide!! Thank you for all your hard work!

Best!
Chad

Your ioreg shows 17 ports used.
You will need to sacrifice two of them.

Hi guys. I have a problem with USB 2.0 internal HUB.
There are ioreg screenshots from Yosemite:
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_16_35_35.png
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_16_36_18.png

and the same screenshots from High Sierra:
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_21_34_52.png
Snymok_ekrana_2018_03_18_v_21_35_24.png

I'm using USBInjectAll.kext but unfortunately EH01@1D with my webcam doesn't work properly. I hope you can help me.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

RehabMan, I've updated my post with generated archive file. Thanks!

Your ioreg shows 17 ports used.
You will need to sacrifice two of them.

OK. Thank you for the response!

I made my ASL file and now i only 15 ports, but i am still having issues with my mouse and keyboard needing to be replugged in after boot... This leads me to another question... Do USB C ports count on this device limit? if you look at my IOREG Discovery. My G drive shows up on another USBXHCI host... Does this port count also?

Attaching screenshots and my ASL file template.

Thanks again!
Chad

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.54.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.53.49 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL_CHAD_NEW.dsl
    3.6 KB · Views: 103
  • debug_12968.zip
    5 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

I made my ASL file and now i only 15 ports, but i am still having issues with my mouse and keyboard needing to be replugged in after boot... This leads me to another question... Do USB C ports count on this device limit? if you look at my IOREG Discovery. My G drive shows up on another USBXHCI host... Does this port count also?

Thanks again!
Chad

View attachment 319763 View attachment 319764

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.

Attachments

• debug_12968.zip
    5 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Thanks again!
Chad

View attachment 319763 View attachment 319764

The "G drive" you're referring to is connected to a USB port on your Thunderbolt controller, not the xHCI controller.

Your keyboard/mouse problem might be device specific. Try different keyboard/mouse. You should also check that your UsbConnector values are correct.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you should not be dropping any CPU related SSDTs (remove the entries you have in DropTables for Cpu0Ist and CpuPm).

And Generate/CStates and Generate/PStates should be false.

Back