Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Your ioreg shows SMBIOS truncation. Very common with certain Dell laptops.

You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true
Ahh! Forgot about re-enabling that. Okay, I've done that, and then the IOReg showed full injection. Even then, my bluetooth and audio aren't working, so I guess the problem lies somewhere else. I'm not really sure where else to look :\

Attachments

• debug_15468.zip
    2 MB · Views: 67
Ahh! Forgot about re-enabling that. Okay, I've done that, and then the IOReg showed full injection. Even then, my bluetooth and audio aren't working, so I guess the problem lies somewhere else. I'm not really sure where else to look :\

There is a problem with EH01 (EHCI controller #1). You can see in ioreg that no drivers are loaded for it. Since you're using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, all USB2 on XHC will be routed there. It won't work if you route them to a controller that is not working...

Maybe you actually intend to put everything on XHC and disable the EHCI controllers? In that case, you will also need to delete FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

Note that to get full injection you must disable your SSDT-UIAC.aml either by dropping it, deleting it, or using -uia_ignore_rmcf.

There is a problem with EH01 (EHCI controller #1). You can see in ioreg that no drivers are loaded for it. Since you're using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, all USB2 on XHC will be routed there. It won't work if you route them to a controller that is not working...

Maybe you actually intend to put everything on XHC and disable the EHCI controllers? In that case, you will also need to delete FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

Note that to get full injection you must disable your SSDT-UIAC.aml either by dropping it, deleting it, or using -uia_ignore_rmcf.
Thank you! I don't know why I threw XHCIMux.kext in there, but getting rid of it got the USB ports working as expected. Still having issues with audio, but I think that's a separate issue.

Hi @RehabMan , I created a custom SSDT from the guide and injected all active ports but there is one some problem. There are two ports in which are not in HS0XX/SSPX so I can't inject this port in SSDT. And these port refuse to work sometimes. The two ports which are under D082

Untitled.png

I am attaching the reporting files

Attachments

• debug_22238.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 80
Hi @RehabMan , I created a custom SSDT from the guide and injected all active ports but there is one some problem. There are two ports in which are not in HS0XX/SSPX so I can't inject this port in SSDT. And these port refuse to work sometimes. The two ports which are under D082

View attachment 308113

I am attaching the reporting files

Those ports are connected to the ASmedia USB3 controller.
ASmedia devices are not covered by this guide.
Most people simply disable the ASmedia controller in BIOS.

Those ports are connected to the ASmedia USB3 controller.
ASmedia devices are not covered by this guide.
Most people simply disable the ASmedia controller in BIOS.

Should I use Generic.kext for it even though it works(albeit fails sometime) without it ? But, why do you recommend disabling Asmedia controller as I have dual booted with Windows and disabling it will effect Windows also.

Last edited:
Should I use Generic.kext for it even though it works(albeit fails sometime) without Generic.kext ? But, why do you recommend disabling Asmedia controller as I have dual booted with Windows and disabling it will effect Windows also.

I have no ASmedia hardware. No idea why others recommend disabling it. For you to investigate.
As per post #1, ASmedia is off-topic here.

Hello RehabMan. Thank you for this guide! Everything seemed to be running properly for me for a couple of days after the USB fix, then all the sudden I've been having this issue where I go to sleep my computer then it immediately wakes. I had this issue appear on and off sometimes before using your guide. I read that the custom USB injection should fix any of my issues regarding bugs with sleep, which is why I went ahead and applied the USB fix. I've been doing a ton of digging on the forums but can't seem to find a solution. I'm running High Sierra as well, not sure if that really matters too much. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello RehabMan. Thank you for this guide! Everything seemed to be running properly for me for a couple of days after the USB fix, then all the sudden I've been having this issue where I go to sleep my computer then it immediately wakes. I had this issue appear on and off sometimes before using your guide. I read that the custom USB injection should fix any of my issues regarding bugs with sleep, which is why I went ahead and applied the USB fix. I've been doing a ton of digging on the forums but can't seem to find a solution. I'm running High Sierra as well, not sure if that really matters too much. Any help would be appreciated!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My apologies. I'm new to the forums.

Here is my terminal report regarding the "Wake reason" below

I also have a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A Port that is not located under my HSxx or SSxx ports so I was not able to integrate that into my SSDT. Could this be part of my problem? Below is a screenshot of my IOreg regarding that port.

screen-shot-2018-01-24-at-8-35-50-pm.189955

Last edited:
Back