i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, I've gotten a lot from this and another forum, so I decided to share a little about my first quest to Hackintosh installation battle. I started out Hackintosh-ing with El Capitan but the result was not pleasing, I was hit with random system freezing up where sometimes the system would resume working within a few minutes and sometimes not. After fighting with that freezing problem for a day and a half I've decided to move to Yosemite for now. Since I have OSX upgrade in mind and since Clover is recommended for EL Capitan, this guild will be a step by step guild for a Yosemite install with Clover.

My setup:
Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, Bios ver 2.90 patched
CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: Zotac 560 Ti
RAM: DDR3 8GB
Drive: OCZ ARC 100 240GB

My steps:

Flashing bios:
1. Download version 2.90 bios (instant flash) from Asrock
2. Obtain UEFIPatch from this forum or any other Hackintosh forum, Google is your friend
3. In Windows (Yes, I meant Microsoft Windows), put both files into same folder
4. Open command prompt, type:
Code:
UEFIPatch.exe Z77EXT42.90

5. Copy the patched bios to a FAT32 formatted USB stick, reboot into bios and flash bios

Bios Settings:
Since I have a dedicated GPU, I set primary display device to PCI-E in bios. That is the only setting I have to modify all others were left default.

Install Yosemite:
1. Follow the 10.10 Clover Guide available on this site step by step unless I mentioned below: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.
2. On the 23rd substep of STEP 2, I copied
IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip for network kext. Thanks to yamaazizi
3. Skip the 24th substep of STEP 2, you don't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext after flashing patched bios

4. Before starting STEP 3, be sure your USB keyboard and USB mouse are plugged into the two ports directly below the Ethernet port and your USB drive is one of the front USB port
5. On STEP 4, I had to choose BIOS-Only Systems values for Clover, my OSX won't boot otherwise. Feel free to choose UEFI values if you know a work around.
6. Skip substep 3,6,7 of STEP 4

Additional steps:
1. Copy KextBeast and
IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip, AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip , and AppleHDA.kext.zip to desktop
2. Extract the zip files, then run kextBeast
3. Reboot

Technically your Yosemite should be good to go at this point but later on I encountered the "No sound after sleep" problem so I grabbed Multibeast 6.10 and installed the ALC898 under Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/without DSDT to fix the issue. The tool will also include HDAEnable for you, don't panic just install it.

My quest to Yosemite yields a more stable/usable system than EL Capitan, however, I still encountered a freeze shortly before writting this guide. The freeze laste less than a minute and system greeted me with a login screen when it recover. I'm not sure if more configs are needed to make the system stable or this is just a normal thing for Hackintosh. Anyway, I hope this guide is helpful! Happy Hackintosh :headbang::headbang:

11/17/2015 UPDATE: the freezing problem appears to be causing by my 560ti GPU, running the "freezefix" tool seems to fix the problem, cheers.
:)

Just getting around to El Capitan for my Z77 Extreme 4 and this was helpful, but the IONetworkingFamily.kext file link is no longer working so found it elsewhere and it is working for me now so I've attached it here for future reference.

Attachments

• BCM57781.zip
    733.3 KB · Views: 333
I will be installing El Capitan sometime in the next few days on my Z77 Extreme 4
I have a GTX 970 that supports UEFI GOP so I will see if Clover UEFI works when CSM is set to off

Specs:
Z77 Extreme 4
Core i5 3570k
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC
16GB DDR3 1333 Dual Channel RAM (4 4GB Sticks)
400GB HDD (Dedicated to OSX [Hopefully UEFI Boot]) ** WIP (Hard Drive used to be a working 10.6 install when I had a GTX 260)
2TB HDD (Dedicated to Windows [UEFI Boot])
250GB HDD (For Storage)
2.90 BIOS (UEFIPatched) ** WIP (Still on 2.70 with an older patched bios as of this post)

I will report back on whether I can get UEFI boot to work. I hope CSM being off does the trick as it should be purely UEFI now.

Last edited:
I will be installing El Capitan sometime in the next few days on my Z77 Extreme 4
I have a GTX 970 that supports UEFI GOP so I will see if Clover UEFI works when CSM is set to off

Specs:
Z77 Extreme 4
Core i5 3570k
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC
16GB DDR3 1333 Dual Channel RAM (4 4GB Sticks)
400GB HDD (Dedicated to OSX [Hopefully UEFI Boot]) ** WIP (Hard Drive used to be a working 10.6 install when I had a GTX 260)
2TB HDD (Dedicated to Windows [UEFI Boot])
250GB HDD (For Storage)
2.90 BIOS (UEFIPatched) ** WIP (Still on 2.70 with an older patched bios as of this post)

I will report back on whether I can get UEFI boot to work. I hope CSM being off does the trick as it should be purely UEFI now.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-uefi-boot-fix.174726/ - may be helpfull to make UEFI bootable

*Edit* With the cpus=1 boot option i can run the installer, but I have to delete the dart=0 boot option(I don't know the use for this). I hope everything will run fine form now on :D *Edit*

Hay Guys, every time I run the installer, the apple logo appears and it tries to load, but at a quarter it stops and I get an error message
20160704_150221.jpg
After I unplugged my GPU and tried with my on board GPU, I received
this error message
20160705_161501.jpg
and in the second try I received the first error message again :(
I'm clueless and thanks for your help.
(I'll install El Capitan)
Specs: Z77 extreme 4
Core i5 2500k
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SSC
8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Singel Channel (2x4 GB Sticks)
Original MacBook pro 13" 360 GB HDD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back