Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover UEFI - Asus N550JK-DS71T Intel HD4600 Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uploaded. Images are in the zip file as well.

PARSEOP_ZERO error is easily fixed with the "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" patch.

For SSDT-1.dsl, you have made some incorrect (manual) edits after disassembly. Go back and disassemble again, then apply "Remove _PSS placeholders". Result is no errors.

For SSDT-9.dsl, apply "Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)".

PARSEOP_ZERO error is easily fixed with the "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" patch.

For SSDT-1.dsl, you have made some incorrect (manual) edits after disassembly. Go back and disassemble again, then apply "Remove _PSS placeholders". Result is no errors.

For SSDT-9.dsl, apply "Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)".

OK. I have fixed DSDT per your github's Laptop DSDT Patch "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error". I have disassembled SSDT-1 again without messing with it. I apologize for the dumb question. But where can I find "Remove _PSS placeholders" and "Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)"? I looked through all the patches built into maciASL and your repo?

Thank you again!

OK. I have fixed DSDT per your github's Laptop DSDT Patch "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error". I have disassembled SSDT-1 again without messing with it. I apologize for the dumb question. But where can I find "Remove _PSS placeholders" and "Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)"? I looked through all the patches built into maciASL and your repo?

Thank you again!

Both of those patches are in my repo. Make sure you add my repo as a MaciASL source (as per repo README).

Both of those patches are in my repo. Make sure you add my repo as a MaciASL source (as per repo README).

I added per the readme. You are correct, complete user error on my part. Got it working thank you for taking the time to help!

UPDATE: Have recompiled and moved all aml files over to clover>acpi>patched. Updated the plist with the needed HD4600 address. Graphics are working great. Minor graphical glitch in the task bar (read a fix earlier, need to find it).

Question: if I replace my wifi card, will I need to re-extract, decompile and patch the DSDTs and SDSTs?

Last edited:
I added per the readme. You are correct, complete user error on my part. Got it working thank you for taking the time to help!

UPDATE: Have recompiled and moved all aml files over to clover>acpi>patched. Updated the plist with the needed HD4600 address. Graphics are working great. Minor graphical glitch in the task bar (read a fix earlier, need to find it).

I think you mean "menu bar". It is fixed by the "9mb cursor bytes" patch. The patch is enabled by default in the plists provided in my Clover guide...

Question: if I replace my wifi card, will I need to re-extract, decompile and patch the DSDTs and SDSTs?

Re-extact/re-patch can be required after any BIOS update, BIOS option change, or hardware change.

Yes, "menu bar". Wrong terminology on my part. OK, thank you for the information. I get the card tomorrow. I have read you post [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2. I will give it a try.

Last edited:
SLEEP UPDATE
Enabling XHCI in BIOS - show USB ports in System Report as USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus and USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus, however XHCI only allow the display to enter sleep mode. With XHCI disabled, USB ports in sys report are listed as USB High Speed Bus, but computer sleep option works. I am looking into the USB and XHCI options in clover/devices or I may just disable this until higher priority issues are resolved.

Spad, were you able to fix sleep? If so would you mind sharing? Thank you in advanced.

UPDATE:

After much reading and learning I have made tremendous progress. I am facing two issues that I am not sure how to tackle.

ISSUE 1:
ELAN Touchpad Kext:
I am using (via clover -> kexts folder) an older ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext that boots, most things work except multitouch on the touchpad. When using ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext from EMlyDinEsh (via clover -> kexts folder) I get a boot loop with the following information shown during boot:

EDT : : Could not detect ELAN Touchpad, may be its not an ELAN touchpad (or) some other error occurred
ELAN Touchpad driver 4.0.5
EDT : : Detecting the touchpad………
EDT : : Unexpected magic knock resulting 0x3, 0xf0, 0x00.

The newer ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext boots but many of the buttons do not function correctly. Example, Command (Windows Key) + V is the root symbol.

ISSUE 2:
Backlight Control:

I am using (via clover -> kexts folder) IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext. I decompiled my DSDT and SSDT amls. For my DSDT, I have used the following patches:

"Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error”
"ASUS N55SL/VivoBook”
"Fix ADBG Error”
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU”
"Rename B0D3 to HDAU”
"Rename _DSM methods to XDSM”
"OS Check Fix (Windows 8)”
"IRQ Fix”
"RTC Fix”
“Haswell LPC”
"USB3 _PRW(0x6D)”
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel”
"HPET Fix”
"Add IMEI”
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2”
"Fix _WAK IAOE"
"SMBUS Fix”
"Audio Layout 12”
"Brightness Fix" (The Haswell/Broadwell patch does not show any edits/changes)

Brightness control is working with minor dimming issues when rebooting after plugging and unplugging HDMI, basically need to use the fn key + monitor on/off key to get the built in monitor to display. The main thing is I am receiving this error during boot:

IntelBacklight: IntelBacklightPanel not found (PNLF patch missing) … aborting
ACPIBacklightPanel not found ….. aborting

I am using all my SSDTs. I did read I may need to sort my SSDTs in clover (config.plist). Not sure if this is the issue and honestly not sure the syntax to sort my SSDTs correctly.

Thank you in advance

Spad, were you able to fix sleep? If so would you mind sharing? Thank you in advanced.

I have fixed this by correctly decompiling, patching and compiling my DSDT and SSDTs following the guides outlined earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back