Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Clover: how to update Big Sur 11.4 > Monterey Public Beta in Z390 Aorus Elite + RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is a post like this with OpenCore instead of Clover:
[Guide] OpenCore: how to update Big Sur 11.4> Monterey Public Beta in Z390 Aorus Elite + RX 580

Most of the text is also useful for this post in which I am only going to comment on specific things about Clover. The other sections (hardware, BIOS, etc.) are useful for both posts at the same time. Read them, please.

Clover and config.plist

Clover 5138 is the latest revision at the time of writing this post. It can be downloaded from its GitHub site, you have to select CloverV2-5138.zip, not the PKG. These are the most significant settings in the configuration file.

Acpi
  • DSDT patches / RenameDevices: NO.
  • Fixes: AddHDMI, DeleteUnsed, FixACST, FixADP1, FixDarwin7, FixRTC, FixRegions, FixS3D, FixTMR and FixWAK >> True.
  • DropTables: DMAR and MATS.
  • FixHeaders and HaltEnabler >> True.
  • SSDT > PluginType=True.
Boot
  • Arguments >> slide=0 darkwake=8 agdpmod=pikera (agdpmod=pikera improves graphical behaviour by suppressing occasional crashes in the middle of an intensive task)
  • DefaultVolume=HD(2,GPT,D2F3E609-1259-48DE-90C1-8229F87B9973,0x64028,0x1D161920). Setting DefaultVolume with the volume name doesn't work well. But it works fine with part of Device Path, shown in Clover's bootlog.
Devices
  • Audio: AFGLowPowerState=True and Inject=13 (11 also valid).
  • Properties:
    XML:
    <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)</key><dict>
        <key>acpi-wake-type</key>
        <data>AQ==</data>
    (to improve waking from sleep with mouse or keyboard single touch).
GUI
  • HideVolume >> \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI, Recovery, Legacy and Windows. This way, only bootable volumes with macOS and Windows are displayed.
KernelAndKextPatches
  • DellSMBIOSPatch=True. Although it is an odd quirk for Dell systems, I have seen that Windows seems to work better with this quirk enabled.
  • KextToPatch: Enable TRIM for SSD.
  • PanicNoKextDump=True.
Quirks
  • AvoidRuntimeDefrag / DevirtualiseMmio / DisableIoMapper / DisableLinkeditJettison / EnableSafeModeSlide / FuzzyMatch / ProtectUefiServices / ProvideCustomSlide / RebuildAppleMemoryMap / SetupVirtualMap / SyncRuntimePermissions >> True.
RTVariables
  • BooterConfig=0x28.
  • CsrActiveConfig=0x00000000.
  • ROM=UseMacAddr0.
SystemParameters
  • InjectKexts / InjectSystemID >> True.
SSDTs, drivers and kexts

SSDTs in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
  • SSDT-EC-USBX: fake Embedded Controller on Skylake and later, also fix USB power
  • SSDT-PLUG: power management on Haswell and newer CPUs; to configure the plugin-type=1 parameter on the first processor.
  • SSDT-PMC: native NVRAM support on systems that lack it, for example Z390 chipsets.
Drivers in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI:
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi: to recognize APFS drives
  • VBoxHfs.efi: to recognize HFS+ drives
  • OpenRuntime.efi: essential driver to start macOS.
Kexts in EFi/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
  • CPUFriend.kext
  • CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
  • IntelMausi.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NVMeFix.kext
  • RestrictEvents.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • USBMap.kext (specific for this motherboard)
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext.
Note: add your own serials.

Attachments

• EFI-macpro-monterey.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 495
Last edited:
DellSMBIOSPatch fixes MacPro7,1

without it, it would probably read MacPro7 in ioreg

used a lot on laptops for the same reason and causes issues without it enabled :)

DellSMBIOSPatch fixes MacPro7,1

without it, it would probably read MacPro7 in ioreg

used a lot on laptops for the same reason and causes issues without it enabled :)
Thanks for the info, I didn't know this.
I thought it was equivalent to PlatformInfo >> UpdateSMBIOSMode >> Custom (Create by default) in OpenCore.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know this.
I thought it was equivalent to PlatformInfo >> UpdateSMBIOSMode >> Custom (Create by default) in OpenCore.
yes, that is the OpenCore alternative

Thanks miliuco for this thread.
It helped me a lot to get Monterey up and running on my setup.
I share so also others know that on a 370 so configured, Monterey starts, even quite easily, with a direct upgrade from Catalina (SMBIOS 1.1)
Clover 5138, updated kext and adapted diver+config.plist following the starting directions in this guide.
Greetings

Audio: AFGLowPowerState=True and Inject=13 (11 also valid

Does this patch take the place of the older Clover patch to inject audio with macOS 10.13, 10.14?

Also, have you updated to Monterey 12.0.1 using Clover r 5138+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back