Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover EFI Guide for G580 (20157)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Lenovo G580(20157) laptop.

CPU
Intel Pentium B950
Cores 2
Threads 2
Name Intel Pentium B950
Code Name Sandy Bridge
Package Socket 988B rPGA
Technology 32nm
Specification Intel Pentium CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
Family 6
Extended Family 6
Model A
Extended Model 2A
Stepping 7
Revision D2
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX
Virtualization Not supported
Hyperthreading Supported, Disabled
Stock Core Speed 2100 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 100 MHz

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Manufacturer Intel
Model HD Graphics
Device ID 8086-0106
Revision A
Subvendor Lenovo (17AA)
Current Performance Level Level 0
Driver version 9.17.10.4229

RAM
Type DDR3
Size 6144 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 665.1 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T

HardDrive
ST9500325AS
Manufacturer Seagate
Form Factor 2.5"
Heads 16
Cylinders 60,801
Tracks 15,504,255
Sectors 976,768,065
SATA type SATA-II 3.0Gb/s
Device type Fixed
ATA Standard ATA8-ACS
Serial Number S2WKRQQC
Firmware Version Number 0011LVM1
LBA Size 48-bit LBA
Power On Count 1356 times
Power On Time 102.7 days
Speed 5400 RPM
Features S.M.A.R.T., APM, NCQ
Max. Transfer Mode SATA II 3.0Gb/s
Used Transfer Mode SATA II 3.0Gb/s
Interface SATA
Capacity 465 GB
Real size 500,107,862,016 bytes
RAID Type None

Optical Drive
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C1
Media Type DVD Writer
Name MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C1
Availability Running/Full Power
Capabilities Random Access, Supports Writing, Supports Removable Media
Read capabilities CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL
Write capabilities CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL
Config Manager Error Code Device is working properly
Config Manager User Config FALSE
Drive F:
Media Loaded FALSE
SCSI Bus 4
SCSI Logical Unit 0
SCSI Port 0
SCSI Target Id 0
Status OK
Audio
Sound Cards
Playback Device
Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device)
Recording Device
Microphone (2- High Definition Audio Device)

Network
Qualcomm Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

I like to install OSX on my laptop.

May i know am i able to?

Thank You.

Hi man, wonderful guide.
Do you have a solid state drive ?
How much time can you boot the system ?
Sorry that I answer only now, but surprisingly I got no Mail at all about ne Posts in my Thread here..

Thank you, nice to know it's appreciated.
No, I had planned to install a SSD, but haven't since.
Boot Time is about 45 sec to 1 min, but once it's up it's pretty good concerning the operation speed, also I upgraded my RAM to 8GB from 4GB.

@RehabMan, thx for replying to all the messages here, if I had gotten any mails I would have replied myself, now after resubscribing I should finally get notified.
And I have to say, thank you, for being probably the most helpful person in this Forum. :thumbup:
Although I'm wondering what you do for a living, that you can spend so much time replying to users here.

Greetings
-theandy

My Laptop is very different to yours, except the CPU. It's nice, that my Clover files helped you, but you should at least create your own DSDT for your Laptop, since they are definitely not compatible (best would be if you also create all the other necessary SSDTs by yourself, this would be a much cleaner System).
Concerning Sound you should first try to find out which Soundchip/codec your laptop uses. You can do this by searching for Datasheets on Google (it has to be exactly your laptop) and in the data sheet search for a soundchip or soundcodec.
If you found the Name of the chip or codec you can verify, that Multibeast supports it.
If your Codec can't be found in Multibeast you probably have to use VoodooHDA (or search on other Hackintosh Websites for a fitting HDA Kext).

Greetings
-theandy

Hi,
I have Asus X550vc with the same CPU. So I have created USB stick with your guide, but have got a problem. When I tried to boot with clover i had kernel panic (something about CPU) so I booted with npci=0x2000 but stuck here. Can you help me bro?

Attachments

• 14923026_1517630371596888_1353606176_o.jpg
    14923026_1517630371596888_1353606176_o.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 250
First, please don't call me "bro".
Second, Try to boot with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the Kext Folder of your USB Stick.
It is also important, that you don't use my DSDT or SSDT, because although you have the same CPU your System still is very different to mine.
You have to create your own DSDT and SSDT for your System. Best is you follow Rehabmans Guide on doing this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Also Sierra sucks, if you currently try to install it (That's why I haven't updated my Guide for Sierra). Sleep won't work (at least I haven't found a fix), touchpad using VoodooPS2 is a little bit broken and some other things, so I recommend using El Capitan (under El Capitan everything worked fine).
First try to get your System booting, doesn't matter how, just so you can use it.
Then try to Patch DSDT and your SSDTs following the Guide.

Greets
theandy

I have installed el captina after some crashes and everything works, but my battery doesn't. I see battery icon with the cross inside. I have the same CPU like you so I'm using your DSDT and SSDT :/ Do you have some patched kext or something? Do you know how to solve this issue?

Last edited:
Okay, I`m really sorry theandy :/ Okay, but I don`t have any informations about my CPU so I cannot do that. Why your DSDT and SSDT not work? We have the same CPU. ... Okay, I understand, i have to do it without any help :) So thank you and sorry for loosing your time.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back