Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover EFI Guide for G580 (20157)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

Downloaded the latest CodecCommander and added Check Infinitely = NO into my Codec Profile.
Works like it should, so you can add it in the next Version.

View attachment 135476

Thank you for your help
-theandy

OK. Verify one thing for me... Disable the Custom Commands in your ALC269 profile just to verify they are really necessary with the current version of the kext. Just change the "Custom Commands" key to "#Custom Commands". Test and report results.

Hi RehabMan,
tried the latest kext with Custom Commands disabled.
No jacksense after sleep:
Code:
[FONT=Andale Mono]./hda-verb 0x15 GET_UNSOLICITED_RESPONSE 0
[/FONT][COLOR=#29F914][FONT=Andale Mono][COLOR=#000000]nid = 0x15, verb = 0xf08, param = 0x0[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Andale Mono]command 0x015f0800 --> result = 0xffffffff[/FONT]

With Custom Commands reenabled jacksense works.

Greets
-theandy

Hi RehabMan,
tried the latest kext with Custom Commands disabled.
No jacksense after sleep:
Code:
[FONT=Andale Mono]./hda-verb 0x15 GET_UNSOLICITED_RESPONSE 0
[/FONT][COLOR=#29F914][FONT=Andale Mono][COLOR=#000000]nid = 0x15, verb = 0xf08, param = 0x0[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Andale Mono]command 0x015f0800 --> result = 0xffffffff[/FONT]

With Custom Commands reenabled jacksense works.

Greets
-theandy

OK. Thanks for the test. I have just pushed a build with the most recent changes.

I'm somewhat surprised that more people haven't already run into jack sense issues with ALC269... ALC269 is relatively common on laptops.

Note: Your HDA chip was in D3cold when you ran the hda-verb command. When in this state (a kind of deep sleep/idle state), it does not respond to commands (thus the -1 response). Playing any audio will wake it up and then you can use hda-verb before it re-enters D3cold.

I'm downloading and installing right away.

Maybe others don't use headphones very often, or don't use sleep very frequently, would be my guess.
But who knows :confused:

Ok, good to know, if I have problems on another system.

Thank you very much for your help.
Always nice to have someone like you, who helps a lot.

Greetings
-theandy

UPDATE:
Just updated to El Capitan, updating was no Problem, just had to set the needed Rt Variables in Clover.
And except for Sleep and Sound everything else seems to work.
For Sound I will probably wait until there are prepatched AppleHDA's on InsanelyMac Forum from which I will create a working DummHDA.

The System goes to sleep, but I get instant wake. In Console it shows, that wake reason ist "GLAN, EHC1, EHC2" which is definitely USB related, but every fix I tried didn't seem to do the trick.
Screenshot.png

@RehabMan, if you read this, I would kindly ask for your help :)

With this I post my current DSDT and IOReg: View attachment DSDT + IOReg.zip

Hope someone can help
-theandy

EDIT: Forgot this is now in the Guides Section, will Post a help request in the El Capitan Laptop Support Forum.

EDIT 2: Fixed Sleep myself, by modifying the remove _PRW (0x0D) patch by RehabMan (it gave me unfixable errors when using the current patch)

Just removed:
Code:
# delete any existing XHC1 deviceinto device label XHC1 name_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
# delete any existing USB2 device
into device label USB2 name_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry;
And the patch worked flawlessly :D

Now onto the not working Sound :)

UPDATE:
Just updated to El Capitan, updating was no Problem, just had to set the needed Rt Variables in Clover.
And except for Sleep and Sound everything else seems to work.
For Sound I will probably wait until there are prepatched AppleHDA's on InsanelyMac Forum from which I will create a working DummHDA.

You can use the same DummyHDA as for 10.10. You need an additional patch though (8319ec10->00000).

The System goes to sleep, but I get instant wake. In Console it shows, that wake reason ist "GLAN, EHC1, EHC2" which is definitely USB related, but every fix I tried didn't seem to do the trick.
View attachment 153305

_PRW patch for instant wake: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Thank you for your help.
Adding the AppleHDA Kext Patch to Clover Config got the Sound working again :headbang:
_PRW Patch needed editing to work with my DSDT as mentioned in my previous post.

Now everything is working again :D

I will now Update Post #1 to suit El Capitan.
It would be nice if you could move the Thread to El Capitan Guides :)

Greetings
-theandy

I will now Update Post #1 to suit El Capitan.
It would be nice if you could move the Thread to El Capitan Guides :)

Your choice on what you want to do:
- you can copy post #1 content into a new thread in 10.11 guides
- you can link from 10.11 guides to this guide
- you can copy post #1 content into a new thread in 10.11 guides, add special notes for 10.10, and link from 10.10 guides

Your call. All of it, you can do yourself.

Hi there,

my laptop is also G580, i have successfully installed the Mac OS X, patched the graphics so it works flawlessly. I patched the power management using SSDT, the Intel power gadget shows like it works. But i cannot find the battery patches for my DSDT. Could you provide me some link please ? :) Where i can find it for this laptop ?

Based on the Hardware in your Profile you have an older version of the G580.
Since I only need the ACPI Battery Kext from rehabman to get Battery showing correctly the same should be the case for you.

The source is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
The newest Version can be downloaded from here: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads

Just install the release version into your kext folder on the EFI partition, reboot and you should be good to go.

greets
-theandy

EDIT: DSDT Patches should not be needed for it to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back